We did manage to celebrate Pop's birthday (which happened to be the same day that Mollie passed). According to my notes, we swam, ate ribs, and went to Shooters. I'll tell you honestly though, that I don't remember much. We tried to make it a celebration for Pop, but I am sure it didn't feel all that great for him. That night we did have a night swim. Which was fun and different for everyone. And, playing with glow in the dark pool toys makes everyone feel better.
Friday was more swimming and another visit to Shooters. I literally just asked hubby why we went to a gun shop 2 days in a row, and neither of us can remember... We took the kids to the humane society that evening. It seemed soon, but we knew that we would want another dog in our lives, and that being out of school would be a fantastic time to bond with a dog and train it. So, while it felt disrespectful in a way, we wanted to get the process started. However, none of the dogs at the humane society appeared to be our match, and not knowing what exact breed they were, and therefore how much they would shed was an important part of the puzzle for me.
Saturday morning, Nana and Pop left bright and early. Stacy would leave soon thereafter. She did, however, join us for a tour around the flea market. Since that was where we quick luckily found Mollie, we thought it might be a good place to look. Again, we didn't find anything there we liked. We went to Fazoli's for lunch and then stopped by Petland to look at the puppies there. We knew they tend to be expensive, but it is always fun the play with puppies. That was actually where we were introduced to the Havanese breed. I hadn't heard of them before, but all the research I did when I got home said they were remarkably cheerful and excellent family dogs. So, we didn't take this little cutie home, but it was fun to play.
We went home and took naps, and then hung out with the Hills that night.
Sunday was church, naps and hanging out at the Hills, closing out the evening with my family conference call.


0 cool people read this:
Post a Comment