Knowing that the hot air balloon tour was cancelled, we knew we had a little bit more time, so we did some quick googling to see if there was anything else to see nearby. It turns out, in the town of Quechee, there was a fancy glass blowing place. So, we headed there to see what we could see. It was a working factory, where they were actually making things at the time we were there.
I have always thought that those kinds of things were fascinating, and I have heard that it is a decently difficult skill to learn.
The shop/factory used to be a mill, which was situated over a river. It was quite pretty outside!
There was a covered bridge close by too! It is quite picturesque.
It was interesting to learn about the process and see it happening right in front of us.
I thought about buying a souvenir to bring home with us. It was October, but they already had their Christmas stuff out - among them these beautiful Christmas trees.
Seriously, very cool looking!
Unfortunately, they think very highly of their pieces.... and my budget wasn't particularly fond of their ego. Besides, I was worried that it might not make the trip home in one piece.
We left the Simon Pearce glass blowing to take a closer look at the covered bridge outside.
Part of the bridge, but over to the side, is the walking portion of the bridge. The bridge itself leads into the town of Quechee, but the trail over the bridge is called the Ottauquechee Trail over a river of the same name. The words, of course, are foreign, and difficult to say. According to Wikipedia (which is always correct, not) they are Indian words from the Abenaki tribe.
I mean, can you get any more picturesque?!?
From here, it was off on more adventures!
0 cool people read this:
Post a Comment