After leaving Antelope Canyons, we headed in the general direction of Bountiful. But we knew we wouldn't get there in one day. So we planned to stop in the middle. We had originally planned to meet up with the Websters at the Pink Coral Sand Dunes, but... we were running late because our tours were running late because of the snow. So that didn't happen. However, we still did plan on going to see them. Again, fun and interesting things to see along the way.
Including this lumberjack who found his way into our van. Oh.... I mean, Hi Jonathan!
We did get to the sand dunes a few hours before sunset. So there was time to explore.
At first, I wasn't sure I was going to be heading in.... so hubby and the kids took off.
For perspective, I zoomed out a little bit.
The kids like a the opportunity to get out of the car and explore!
And be goofballs.
I did eventually find my way in, though I didn't go in as far as hubby and the kids did.
Grandma stayed up at the beginning and collecting seeds with Grandpa. Pickle came out to join us in the dunes too!
She's a cheeser.
I thought this was pretty cool, looking at the pattern the plant made in the wind and sand.
And, for some reason, I enjoy getting pictures of my kids running.
And then, hubby took them to the top of one of the dunes to impart some knowledge....
He showed them how to jump off dune.... Yes, he did do a somersault. Yes, he survived.
Dylan went next.
Then Kaitlyn.
Then Kari.
And finally Kelsey.
They all seemed to enjoy running and being sandy and dirty.
Unfortunately, as we all got ready to get back into the van, we realized that hubby no longer had the keys in his pocket.... It was getting close to the end of the day, and we knew we had to find the keys quickly, or it would be too dark. So, hubby, Pickle, Jonathan and I headed back in to try to retrace every single step he took to see if we could find it. We ended up having no luck. Couldn't find it anywhere. Thankfully, a nice lady had found them towards the entrance to the dunes, and asked Grandma if we were missing keys! So, everyone was safe!
From there, we thankfully were able to get going. We dropped Grandma, Grandpa, Pickle and Jonathan at an AirBNB with the Websters, and we went to hang out with the Fishers. We ate dinner, hung out and caught up! It was great!





0 cool people read this:
Post a Comment