Monday: Test for me, Hubby to Florida, Dylan had a game (it was rainy, and unfortunately they lost).
I did have to take the dogs to the vet. Pixie needed some shots, and Sienna had some places that she was itching that looked pretty red and irritated. Turns out, Sienna had an over abundance of some mites that are common and usual, but when they get out of balance, they get irritating. The vet gave us some shampoo that we were supposed to wash her 2-3 times a week with to get things back under control. And, because hubby was travelling so much, it fell to me most of the time. To wash HIS dog! Ug. Hilariously to me, I bathed her in our shower, and then let her sit there for a while for the shampoo to do its job. She hated it. Like.... for real for real. She sat there in the shower and refused to look at me. It was hilarious.
Tuesday I was able to help out with the Ashcrafts again. Diana and Lauren had to go up to ATL to meet with a specialist. Turns out, Lauren was diagnosed with HSP. It is a disease that affects kidneys, joints, intestines, etc. It causes rashes, painful walking, sores and, in Lauren's case, vomiting. I felt badly for Diana having to deal with something like this, especially while her hubby was away and unable to be particularly supportive or assist with the other 4 children. But, I think she had a decent support system with us (and her mom flew in while Lauren was in the hospital for so many days). So I think it worked out. I picked up the two kids at preschool again, and we hung out until Diana got home.
Dylan was supposed to have another game that night, but it was rained out again. Gymnastics is an inside thing, so that happens on Tuesdays anways.
Wednesday was school for everyone again. And Dinner at the Ashcrafts too!
Thursday I had bio lab, and taught one of my Uteach lessons. I was able to eat lunch with Diana and then I watched Abel so Amanda could meet with her lawyer. Apparently, the bio grandma had filed for custody, and it kinds freaked Amanda out. Which, I can understand. From the future, I will tell you that nothing came from it. And that bio grandma ended up being as irresponsible as bio parents. But it was a source of concern for them nonetheless. He's especially cute when he's sleeping ;)
At that point in the game, he could be laid just about anywhere. Later on, they invested in a portable crib and the home teacher room became his bedroom away from home.
Thursday evening, hubby got home in time to watch Dylan's game. It was rainy, but not rained out. And they still lost :( There were no benches or seating to speak of, so we had to haul all our own equipment every practice and game. Can you tell from my voice that I loved doing that? Not.
Hubby was also able to bathe Sienna with her prescription shampoo and then brush her out in preparation for her surgery the next day. This picture is actually from way back in August, so she looks much smaller!
Friday we dropped Sienna off to be spayed. We knew we weren't interested in puppies, and we didn't have to wait on the funds, so we went ahead and did at at the earliest time possible. Nana and Pop arrived around 9pm that night. They were staying the weekend with us. Kari had a home football game that night, and we all went to support her.
Saturday Sandra and Gary stopped by for a visit and to see the house and pool. We had Subway for lunch and visited for a while. Then, everyone left for the day. Hubby and I went to a congratulation dinner for Shelia who was getting married. Then we went out for froyo and went back to Diana's house with the Hills and the Woods and hung out until 2:30 in the morning. We never learn apparently.
Sunday was church as usual, but we got a new bishop! Bishop Jones. And naps (of course) and homework.






0 cool people read this:
Post a Comment