Thursday, June 25, 2020

1st Week of February, 2019

Monday, hubby headed to Florida again and the kids and I had regular school stuff.

Tuesday I was able to wait with the kids to catch the bus.  My lab started later on Tuesday, so I could wait with them, but there was not reason to get them off the bus schedule for the one day a week.
 On Wednesday besides regular school stuff, I had my genetics lab.  On this week we got our first supply of the fruit flies that we would be breeding to track the passage of a gene.  It was a project that would last most of the semester, and was rather interesting and enjoyable to me.  This picture is actually from a few weeks later...  when we originally got the vials, they didn't looks so full and gross.  We had to cross the wild type with the known mutation, and then track how many and who got the mutation.  By doing this over a series of crosses, we could tell how it was passed.  Unfortunately, our first and second attempts were unsuccessful.  Thankfully, our third cross worked, and we were able to complete the study.
The rest of Wednesday night was regular church activities.  For Kari and Kaitlyn, that entails YW activities.  For Dylan, that meant boy scout activities.  For Me, I was either doing food orders or having a presidency meeting.  And for poor Kelsey, she was just along for the ride.  She often was absorbed into the scout activities or the younger girl activities.  Or, she sat with me in the room...  I am sure it was enthralling for her :)  Pop came in later that night and spent the night with us on his way to Pa's house for the weekend.

Thursday, hubby came home and went down to Pa's house with Pop.  The kids were also sweet and left me some notes that day.  I don't recall if I was super stressed at the time, and showing it so the kids felt the desire to help me out, or if it happened to be a church activity for the night before.  But I love the differences in their approaches.  Kaitlyn left me sweet coupons.
 Dylan made my bed, and left this hilarious, typical boy note for me.  "We did stuff for you"/
 And Kelsey drew me a lovely picture.
 Friday was a light day at school for me, so I came home and read and took a nap.  We had pizza with the Ashcrafts that night.  Unfortunately, because of the way my classes worked that semester, we weren't able to do our weekly dinners with them :(  By the middle of the semester, it Jade and Amanda had dropped out of the weekly event.  Bums.  But we had been able to do it most weeks, and enjoyed the company.  So going over and eating with them again was fun.  We left Kaitlyn there to have a sleep over.  Then, we ran home and grabbed Sienna to take her and Dylan to Pa's house.  Joe was going down to help for the weekend, and he was nice enough to take Dylan and Sienna with him.  I would guess that Dyl talked his ear off the whole time, but...  at least he survived.  And, of course, since  was with my friend, I couldn't leave immediately.  So, by the time we left to go home, Kelsey was awful tired.
 That weekend we were watching the Miller's dog Copper, so we ran over to his house one more time to let him out for the night.  Kari was nice enough to hold up Kelsey's head from falling over.
 Saturday we cleaned the pool and finally took down the Christmas lights.  Never fear, they weren't lit anymore.  I had some stake training that evening and then I met with Amanda and Diana to watch the Adult session for the week.  Afterwards, we went to eat at Texas Roadhouse!  It was delicious!

Sunday was Stake conference where I had some sleepy/cuddly girls.
After church and naps, I spent time doing homework. Hubby and Dylan got home around 6pm that night.  And we had a bit of a scare when we couldn't find Pop.  He was driving himself back to Virginia, and no one could get in touch with him.  Thankfully, it turned out that he had apparently just turned off his phone, but...  he had several people concerned there for a while.

0 cool people read this: