Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Pixie Random Catch ups!

Hubby and I ended up with more of a "your dog/my dog" situation than we thought we would.  He tries to spend as much time with Sienna as possible and he was the only one that is allowed to train her (though how that works since we are the ones home all day, I am not sure).  And I focused on Pixie.  I just trained her with the basics (sit, stay, come....) I love it when she cuddles with me, and she is small and, therefore, adorable.  So I tend to focus more of my pictures on her.  
 Pixie was so tiny that she got into some interesting places that I hadn't thought to dog proof....  like.... under the couch!  (Ignore the dust bunnies)
 Look at that cute, adorable little face!  Don't you just wanna love it and squeeze it?!?!  She was such a goober, she could get under the couch, but couldn't figure out how to get out.  She would just sit under me and whine.
 Also, Sienna began to be less and less cuddly.  I think she just gets too hot.  But there is plenty of ways to cuddle with the tiny pup.
 In the beginning, Pixie spent a lot of time in someone's arms. 
 See?  So many holding pictures! 
 It makes my heart happy to see Kari holding her!  Kari is not that cuddly with anyone, and certainly not the dogs.
 Oh. My. Gosh!  Such a precious, cute little face!!!
 And, as a puppy, she was so exhausted, she just had to fall asleep.
Also, seriously look at that cute little rolly polly body!  Her fur is sooooooo soft!  
As time progresses, you can see her growing and her coloring changing a bit.  She starts to look more Yorkie.  Again, such a cute freaking face!
Fun Story: One time, while we were swimming in the pool, Pixie just walked out onto the float as it was floating by.  She didn't understand that if she walked off the float she would fall right into the pool.  Which she clearly did based on how completely wet she looks.
 Pixie was my constant studying companion.  
Though she wasn't always exactly helpful.
 And she loved to curl up in my sandals.  Story time! Pixie likes socks.  Particularly dirty socks.  We would catch her walking across the house with a sock in her mouth like it was nothing.  And she didn't understand why we took them away from her.  It was such a funny behavior that I googled possible reasons, an/or ways to stop her from doing it.  But, what I found said that dogs (obviously) have a strong sense of smell.  And that often times, those items make them feel comfortable because it surrounds them with the scent of their owner/family.  So, I stopped immediately taking the socks from Pixie.  And I found that she didn't tear them up as I feared that she would.  She just carries them to wherever she is currently laying and just cuddles with them.  
 Now, from the future, I have a gazillion sock cuddly pictures.  And I think they are super adorable.  90% of the time it is a Dylan or Kelsey sock.  However, that is also because they leave their socks freaking everywhere!  And hardly ever put them away in their laundry baskets.  No...  I am not frustrated about that.  Why do you ask?
 I don't know if you know, but dogs also have two sets of teeth, just like humans.  They have baby teeth and grown up teeth.  And they loose their baby teeth in time for the grown up teeth to move in. Most times you don't find them.  Either the dog eats them and poops them back out again, or they just go unnoticed while the puppy is chewing stuff.  We did find a few teeth....  I honestly don't know if they are Sienna teeth or Pixie teeth.  And, before you ask, no....  the doggy tooth fairy didn't come.
 Kelsey carries Pixie around literally whenever she has the chance.  I think it comes from Kelsey being the youngest in the family, and therefore not having the opportunity to boss anyone around or to carry like a baby.  
Generally, Pixie takes it in stride, and does an excellent job.  Every once in a while, there is a growl.  We have done our best to explain to Kelsey that that means "leave me alone, I was comfortable."  But.....  its possible that one day Kelsey will get a nip because she isn't listening.
 Also, both dogs went through several collars/harnesses.  Apparently, we didn't put them on tight enough, so the puppies were able to get their bottom jaw underneath it and chew away.  To be fair, they were in their crates a lot during the day, and were probably bored out of their mind! 
We tried to train Pixie to use the doggy door, but....  it doesn't seem to be working.  The jury is still out on whether she should or should not be able to use it.  Technically, I think she is big enough.  Yet, videos like this, where she clearly wants in, and is clearly frustrated, but still can't open the door, lead me to believe that maybe she can't actually open the door.  (The video is on the long side for a "short video", but it is still less than a minute long. Still, if you want to see the funny part, go ahead and skip to about 17 seconds in).  Sienna doesn't seem to understand why she can't open it either.


 While I call her "my" dog, thankfully, the kids are willing to help take care of her (and Sienna).  Generally speaking, Pixie prefers to cuddle with me.  Mostly because I think she can lean against me, or touch me, but generally I leave her alone.  She does also have a thing for hubby though.  She pees in excitement (or anxiety) every time he comes home from work.  We are also working on that, because I can tell you, it gets old real fast.  And, from two years in the future, the kids take turns on who gets to sleep with Pixie...  So, I promise, she is well loved and has her choice of her own person.

0 cool people read this: