Wednesday, June 10, 2020

4th Week of August, 2018

This week becomes similar to our "normal" for the time.  

Monday was school and football practice.  Hubby went back to Florida.

Tuesday we scheduled the 11 month warranty walk for the house.  Hubby and I had talked about what I needed to be sure to point out in order to get it taken care of.  But, personally, I hate being in charge of those things.  I am not confrontational and I don't stick up for myself very well.  Plus, I my observation skillz are not as specific as hubby, nor do I have the expertise that he has in these areas.  That day I worked on homework.  And we had gymnastics and football practice.

Wednesday was school and my chem lab.  Kari stayed home because she had a sore throat and fever.  I took her to the doc because I was afraid it might be strep.  But the test came back negative.  We had church that night as usual.  But, Lauren was admitted to the hospital for still having a fever and throwing up a lot.  Unfortunately, I was not able to be there to help and support Diana as much as I would have liked to be able to.  My school schedule and the kids sports schedule made it difficult.

Thursday was lab and homework.  I also went and got the oil changed in the van.  Kelsey had open house that night, but, for some reason we forgot...  that seems to have been a pattern for this school year, though from the future, I don't remember it being a constant problem.  That night, on the way to football practice Dylan was trying to study his spelling words, but was getting frustrated.  That semester (in fact the entire school year) ended up being difficult for all of us.  Again, Dylan ended up being easily overwhelmed because of the lack of downtime.  Which ended up affecting his thinking.  It was frustrating and occasionally frightening for all of us.  Kari had band practice that night, and I took dinner to Diana to try to help out a bit.

Friday was class and grocery shopping.  Hubby came home that afternoon, and I went over and watched the Ashcrafts until Lauren was finally discharged from the hospital.  We had the Hills over for dinner and talked about their budget.  Hubby is pretty good at planning budgets, and he was willing to help them get some things back under control.  We had gotten to the point where we pretty regularly took the dogs over when we visited.  And, thankfully, they were getting along very well by that point.

Grandma and Grandpa were coming up to visit for the weekend, and arrived pretty late that night....  like....  2am.

Saturday morning we woke up and did some minor cleaning.  We hung out with Grandma and Grandpa, went swimming and at lunch at Fuji!
  Sunday was church, naps, and hubby worked out in the shop on a project for Amanda.  She had seen online a letter holder that swings open to hold keys.  She had actually commissioned a gentleman in the ward to make it for her, but was unhappy with the results.  When she showed it to us during one of our weekly visits, her and hubby made plans and took measurements.  And, being the person he is, with the tools he has, hubby was able to make her exactly what she wanted with scrap he had lying around the shop.
It is both interesting and sad to look at some of these older pictures from my place in the future....  While it was super cute to see the dogs cuddling back then, its sad to note that they don't really do it now.
They still play together quite a bit.  And that is fun to watch.  But they don't cuddle or lay next to each other hardly ever!

0 cool people read this: