Monday, June 8, 2020

Introducing.... Pixie!!!

After our adventurous end of the week/day full of sky diving, movies and ice cream, we all went to bed at a reasonable hour that night.  I had arranged with the breeder to be able to pick her up at the end of our trip.  It was technically a little earlier than the breeder wanted (by a day or two) but it was too convenient to have to come back down again later.  We had been in contact several times over the course of the weeks.  She had sent me a few pictures and updates along the way.  She asked if I had picked a name yet.  Unlike for Sienna (and even Mollie several years ago), I had the name Pixie picked out pretty much from the start.  I wasn't 100% committed, in case it didn't "fit" her.  But I told the breeder that I thought her name would probably be Pixie.  The night before we came to get her, the breeder sent me this picture, with the caption saying "She's ready for you."  Isn't she adorable?!?!
Saturday morning, hubby and I got up and drove about an hour away to the breeder's house.  I met the breeder, and the mom and dad dog.  Then we exchanged payment and she was officially mine!  It was kind of weird...  I expected there to be a little bit more fanfare or something.
 She was such a cute little ball of fluff!
 Funny story.  She whined a bit on the way home, and we weren't exactly sure what to do to help her feel better.  We pulled over at a gas station and put her on the ground to see if she needed to go potty.  Sure enough...  she went!  I am not saying that is why she whined, but it was impressive.  Then, she laid down to take a nap for a bit.
Wouldn't you know that she kept whining off and on for most of the trip home.  Hubby tried to hold her for a while to see if that would help.  And she crawled right up onto his shoulder and made herself comfortable.
When we got back to Grandma and Grandpa's house, it was time to introduce her to all of the kids.
 They all thought she was remarkably adorable.
 And she was quick to roll over in submission or for a belly rub.
 Her little puppy teeth were a bit on the sharp side.  But her kisses made up for it.
 Belly rubs!
 Even Kari seemed to be excited to play with the tiny thing.
 So. Many. Loves.
We ended up making a lopsided star on the floor to let her go from person to person and play as she desired.
Then it was time to introduce Sienna to Pixie.  They seemed to get along mostly well right from the start.  Though Pixie seemed intimidated by Sienna height.  She kept going behind the card table (pictured above) for protection from the giant monster.
But wait!  There's more!  Even Grandma enjoyed a cuddle or two!
 Grandpa appeared to be less enthused.
That evening, we put both dogs in their crate and went to swim at a pool that belongs to a friend of Grandma and Grandpa.  It was pretty fancy with all of the plants and fountains built right into it.
That night we came back to Grandma and Grandpa's for one last time.  We ate dinner and enjoyed some final puppy cuddles before the kids went to bed.
After the kids went to bed, I played with Pixie a little bit.  New puppies are so adventurous and funny!

Both puppies went to bed in their crates that night, and, if I recall correctly, didn't whine too badly that night.  Since they were next to each other.

Sunday we spent the majority of the time driving home, cuddling with various puppies and stopping for many potty breaks.
We got home in time to eat dinner and do a load of laundry before the next week was ready to begin!

And in plenty of time to play with a tiny ball of fluff that doesn't understand personal space :)

0 cool people read this: