Wednesday, June 10, 2020

1st Week of September, 2018

Monday was Labor day, and the day we had planned to celebrate with a pool party and BBQ.  Unfortunately, mom and Abel weren't feeling well, so we ended up having to reschedule.  Grandma and Grandpa were able to go for a motorcycle ride during the day though!
That night, hubby and Grandpa took Dylan to football practice, and we went out to eat at Olive Garden with some Krispy Kreme for dessert. Yum!  

Tuesday was hubby's actual birthday.  He celebrated by going back to Florida :p  Grandma and Grandpa sort of followed hubby, even though hubby flew and they drove.  But they were ironically going to almost the same place.   After they left, I worked on homework and read a bit before I had to take Kari to an orthodontist appt.  I worked with the computer tech support to try to fix the built in webcam on the camera.  And was frustrated to learn that the camera is pretty much broken....  they can fix it, but I'd have to turn in the laptop and be without it for a while.  I also went onto campus for a chemistry tutoring session.  While I think chemistry is alright, and my professor that semester was clearly intelligent, he was kid of awful at getting the information across.  So I went to the tutoring center frequently for help.  Gymnastics was that night, but football was cancelled due to rain.

Wednesday was class and tech support for the dang webcam again.  I went Sams club to shop for a church function and that night was regular church activities.

Thursday: school...  again.  Studying for some upcoming tests.  That night was practice for Dylan, but it was rough again.  He has some perfectionism tendencies and some not so helpful thought processes that occasionally rear their ugly heads and make things difficult.  That night, in particular, was rough.  Not only are they rough before and after practice, but at bed time too.  Which is particularly difficult. For one thing, I usually need to tuck everyone in at the same time.  So spending a significant amount of time on one child throws everyone else off.  But, I also look forward to bedtime to either do my own homework or unwind myself, so I get frustrated when it takes longer than normal.  I know it is something to work on in myself, but I also needed to work on it with Dyl.  Kari also had marching band practice that night.  Thankfully, that day I was able to help Diana a little bit by picking up some of her kids and watching them for a bit.
Friday I took both a chem test and a spanish test.  And, thankfully, and/or somewhat surprisingly, I got a 96 on both of them!  Yay!  I went grocery shopping again, and grabbed some poster board.  I wanted to celebrate hubby's birthday a little bit more.  So I make a HUGE poster to hang on the side of the house.  Pixie was such a good helper while I was drawing the poster.
 I left some area for the kids to contribute and color for hubby.
 And then we hung it up outside.....  I hoped he would be able to see it when he got home.  I hoped it was big enough :)
Friday night was Kari's first football game performance.  She was a bit frustrated when she got home.  They lost the football game and she felt like she messed up during the performance.  We were supposed to have the Hills over that night again to celebrate hubby's birthday, but Amanda wasn't feeling well.  Unfortunately, that set hubby off a little bit.  He felt like we hadn't celebrated his birthday very well, which of course made him feel sad.  He did, however, go out to the shop to finish the project he had been working on for Mandypants.  He didn't paint it....  but he did prime it.  Actually, there is another story here.  Hubby actually made 2 of them!  The first time, he was 95% complete, but noticed that the front and back didn't meet perfectly.  He tried to fix it with a hammer, and ended up cracking the whole thing.  He was bummed.  But, he made another one (this time, he had no scrap, so he had to get some new material).  He made the entire box, and then cut it in half.  That way, it was guaranteed to fit perfectly.  Poor hubby.  His perfectionist streaks are both a blessing and a curse.

Saturday morning we had a big birthday breakfast.  I had some training at the stake.  And we were finally able to have the Hills and the Woods over for cake to celebrate hubby!
Sunday we didn't go to church.  I guess several of us weren't feeling well.  That day, hubby and I planned our Christmas trip including the Grand Canyon.  That whole weekend I noticed that my neck and shoulder were hurting.  From the future I can tell you that I apparently don't deal with stress very well, and therefore I carry it in my neck and shoulder.  It builds up occasionally, and I have to massage my own neck and take ibuprofen for several days in a row to help it go away.

0 cool people read this: