Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Kelsey's Sword

Hubby is a man of man abilities.  He can see things in his head, get it onto paper, and then make it happen.  My children have acquired many weapons over the years, but apparently that is not enough.  So, one day, Dylan asked hubby to make him an ax.  And....  hubby did.  Just like that.  It took less than a day and I have no pictures.  Because Dylan had an ax, Kelsey wanted something of her own.  Again, hubby designed the sword with Kelsey's help, transferred it to paper, cut it out of scrap wood he had, and used his router to round over the edges.  Then it was Kelsey's job to sand the edges, and voila!  Sword!  Later on, I was able to get a few videos of her playing.  

I don't think you can necessarily hear everything she is saying, but you can certainly see her mannerisms that appear to have come from a movie or cartoon :)

That is some fancy footwork!

Of course, Dylan couldn't watch Kelsey play without wanting to join in.  Luckily, his sword is foam, so I was less worried about the clashes.

I don't remember exactly what they were fight for, or whose honor they were trying to defend, but Sienna was not enthralled.

In the end, Dylan was the victor!
And Kelsey had a new sword!  Everybody wins!

0 cool people read this: