We are beginning to fall into the boring normalness during the week. Class, gymnastics, church activities, labs. This semester I took chemistry as a required class. The lecture I seemed to understand fairly well, with some added studying on my own. But the lab was long, frustrating, and often times not well explained. And because the lab and the lecture were separate, they didn't always line up. So the lab instructor would assume we knew how to do something, because it should have been covered in class. But if we were a day or 2 behind, then we were lost in lab. It was frustrating! Its a good thing I had cuteness like this to brighten my day.
Friday I was able to escape the normalness and have lunch and get a pedi with my friend Jade. And I took Kari to her well check up at the doctor. At 14 years old she is 5'4" tall (in the 62 %) and 138 lbs (86%). That night we had dinner with our neighbors the Millers. They are sweet "almost Mormons" (they know all about us, have several friends in the ward, and have most of the same standards) so hanging out with them is quite enjoyable. They also have 4 young kids, that overlap with ours in the middle. So Dylan and Kelsey have someone to play with, and Kaitlyn has someone to mother. Kari enjoys hanging out with the grown ups :)
Saturday I spent time reading my chem book and teaching myself chemistry. Its was not my favorite. That night, we went on a date night with the Hills. We were having a hard time deciding what to do that night. So, we listed and numbered the ideas on a piece of paper and then rolled a dice. We ended up at an Escape room! And guess what?!?! We got out!
This is my first experience actually getting out out of a room and not feeling so incredibly stupid. I don't know if it's because our group was small, and therefore the room could be smaller and possibly easier, or if we just got an easy room. But we finally succeeded in escaping! :)
Sunday was the Superbowl. After church and naps, we headed over to the Hills to watch some football.


0 cool people read this:
Post a Comment