Monday, while we were doing the side yard, the pool guys were smoothing out the bottom of the pool to get ready to cover it in concrete. Unfortunately, there was a thunderstorm later that day, so some of the work had to be redone.
Thankfully, they were able to fix it, and pour the bottom of the pool on Tuesday. With hubby out of town, and the rest of us still kinda tired, that day was laundry and naps! I also started working on the memory book of our time in Disney.
I sent this picture to him, to show him progress, and unfortunately he noticed that there was no flat spot in the bottom of the pool. We had wanted one to have a place to hang out if we dove to the bottom. There isn't much we could do about it at this point. But he was not a happy camper.
Almost dry!
Wednesday I got a few estimates to put sod down on the yard. We have done sod before. In fact, you might say we are an expert. But we have already talked about how hot it is, and how not fun it is, so it was something we were seriously considering, regardless of price. I worked some more on the Disney book and there was a RS and YW activity in canning. We canned chocolate syrup, so it was a hit, of course! That day, Bug also came to finish hauling away all the excess dirt that we didn't use and to grade the yard to the best of his ability.
Unfortunately, his best ability was not exactly ready for sod. It still needed more grading and smoothing, as well as help to ensure drainage. In other words, a crap ton more work, outside in the hot sun. Paying some one else to do that work was sounding better and better.
Thursday morning, bright and early, the pool guys showed up with the pool liner. They also had to put up insulation around the metal edges of the pool.
They have to make sure it is stretched out in all the appropriate places.
But it is finally starting to look like a real pool!
The liner we chose was called Butterfly Mosiac.... I think. We chose no border and just had the liner go all the way up to the top. It has some opalescent parts that reflect the water in a cool way. I think it looks fantastic!
And, once the liner is stretched, it is time to start filling it with water! At first, I was afraid to go to sleep with the water running full blast. But, it ended up taking about 3 days to fill all the way, so... I guess it was ok. The deep end filled up rather quickly compared to the shallow end and the rest of the pool.
This was day 2 of filling.
It barely covered the bottom of the entire pool.
Thursday hubby was supposed to come home, but unfortunately there was an accident at work, and he had to stay to make sure things were taken care of.
Friday the kids and I spent all day cleaning. Those kinds of days are not exactly the more fun, and, as a result some of us were kind of grumpy. Hubby eventually made it home a day late, but was stressed out from the accident at work, so he was kinda grumpy too.
Here's a fun feature for the pool. These arching jets are fun! They can go higher than what you see in the video. They are a fun, impressive feature, but I will tell you they are a bit loud. So, from the future, I'll tell you we rarely use them.
Here's a fun feature for the pool. These arching jets are fun! They can go higher than what you see in the video. They are a fun, impressive feature, but I will tell you they are a bit loud. So, from the future, I'll tell you we rarely use them.
Saturday we borrowed Joe's pressure washer, and spent the day pressure washing our neighbors driveway from all the dirt we had deposited on it, as well as the road where we dropped a lot of dirt from the sod, and our own drive way from all the construction and dirt and trucks. The Hills also came over later that night for our first swim!












0 cool people read this:
Post a Comment