For her birthday, Kari asked to hang out with the grown ups. She was, after all, turning 14. She wanted to go to an escape room. At this point, I had gone to one, but not made it out. And I don't think the rest of the group had gone to one at all. The room we went in was big, and again because of our number, had to be fairly complicated. We didn't get out of this one either. We were 0 for 2. But, we had fun, and that's what matters :)
We picked up a few groceries on the way home so we could have Kari's favorite dinner of white saulfredo and stuff for her cake. It's pretty fancy, I know.
What better way to celebrate your birthday than with your family?!?
Golly she looks so grown up!
Blow out the candles!
For her birthday, we told her we were going to upgrade her phone from the very limited wrist version she had, to a slightly less limited actual smart phone. She was thrilled!
Look how happy she is! I guess she is a little bit behind. She literally could not think of a single other person in her grade that didn't have an actual phone.
We are such mean parents.






0 cool people read this:
Post a Comment