I was done with school by now (Hooray!) but the kids had a few last parties and things going on. Kelsey had a cute program, where they sang and danced for us. That is a separate post.
We watched Abel for Amanda and ran errands most of the week. Regular church activities on Wednesday evening.
Thursday was our final dentist appointment, and shopping for pants that actually fit for Kari and Dylan... it was actually more of a pain in the butt than I thought, and we ended up going to multiple stores. Yay. We did laundry and packed for our up coming trip. Nana and Pop stopped through on their way down to Pa's house.
And I took Kelsey to the doctor because she was feeling miserable. Turns out, she had the flu! Yay. She wasn't contagious anymore, because she had been feeling kinda crappy for most of the week. But, she still hadn't completely recovered.
Because were spending Christmas in Utah, hubby and I had exchanged Christmas gifts early. We didn't want to take them out to UT and then bring them back. Plus, early presents just meant more time enjoying them!
Hubby got me an automatic vacuum thing! It is really quite miraculous. It takes about 2 weeks of the vacuum going around like a drunk for it to learn the lay of the land. But, after that, she did a much better job returning back to her home at the end of each trip. And, so long as I let her run about every day, I haven't felt the need to sweep or vacuum the bottom floor in almost 2 years. We named her Rosita the Roomba!
She is a little bit loud. But, most of the time I scheduled her to run when we aren't home. Now that we have been quarantined, that is a bit more difficult. But, when we were all leaving the house every day, it really wasn't that bad. In fact, I scheduled her almost like an alarm clock. If we heard Rosita running, that meant we were late getting in the car.
I got hubby some noise cancelling headphones. He enjoyed using them on the airplane while he was travelling as much as he was. And when his head is really bad, they also help to not hear every single little noise the kids or dogs make.
Happy Early Christmas!
From this point forward, it will be all about our trip to Utah and the Grand Canyon!



0 cool people read this:
Post a Comment