Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Halloween!

Because she is so cute and tiny, and because I wanted to, I have gotten a few cute outfits or costumes for Pixie to wear.  The first one was her Halloween costume.  She dressed up as a broncho :)


Needless to say, she wasn't exactly thrilled with it.  But dang, she is cute.
And, when she walked around the neighborhood (she only made one lap, poor thing....  her legs are small!), everyone else thought she was cute too!
 And the worlds cutest "couple", with their dog and adopted son, were lovely!
We had the Hills....
The Woods and the Ashcrafts over for pizza and trick or treating.  Jade was nice enough to hand out the candy at the end of our driveway.  She said that is her favorite thing to do for Halloween, and it allowed me to walk around with the family.  Isn't Nat the cutest little unicorn?!?
Kelsey decided to be a pink PowerRanger that year.  Complete with built in muscles.
Dylan was a super duper ninja, complete with daggers and swords.
Kaitlyn was a pirate.  Her best friend Lauren was a mermaid.  Kaitlyn ended up pushing Lauren around in her wheelchair thing for most of the night because Lauren's joints were not feeling well that night from HSP.  The jury is still out on whether she enjoyed that or not.
And Kari was a zombie...  I wasn't sure she was going to dress up that night, and she kind of pulled the costume out of her hat at the last minute.  The blood was a mixture of red food dye, cocoa powder, corn syrup and water.  And the black and green make up happened to be something that I had on hand...  Who knew I was a potential zombie all the time?!?
We took some old shirts....  cut the top one, and used an ivory/flesh colored one underneath.  I assigned hubby the job of taking Kari outside and "applying" the blood splatter.  He did a good job...  as always.
The green showed up better in the dark, and the expression just....  makes it.
Just the Smith bunch, ready to go get sugared up!
 The whole group!  Our neighborhood loop, without any of the cul-de-sacs is about half a mile.  We only went around once, and that was enough walking and enough candy for everyone.
  Our babies were cute!  Batman was adorable, and our resident unicorn was chunky.
 Although she doesn't look it in any of the pictures I took, I am pretty sure that she had fun....  
After we got home, there was some candy eating and a few more pictures.  Kaitlyn wanted to take a sassy picture :)
And Kari enjoyed grossing Diana out by drinking her blood....  Which is basically just sugar water, cocoa and red dye.
 As a point of interest, we thought it was a bit strange that the "blood" coated Kari's graft differently than the rest of her hand.
 Then, after the kids went to bed, we of course exercised our rights as parents and collected the Candy Tax.  Pixie didn't understand why hubby wouldn't share.
 I enjoy spending Halloween with our family, but it is also fun to spread the love with friends too!

0 cool people read this: