Monday= school. I also had to go to hobby lobby to pick up some pinewood derby supplies. While I was there, I took a picture of these glass pieces because they reminded me of my Grandma Jeanne's glasses that we had growing up. Except her's were ruby red!
Thanks to the miracles of Google, I found a picture of the Avon Cape Cod Collection of with my Grandma Jeanne had. We always felt special when we got to drink from these glasses. And they matched her red Corelle dishes perfectly! In fact, that is where I developed my love for Corelle! They were so skinny, but so strong!
Tuesday I also ran errands, and grabbed a few of these funny things. They look hilarious!
But they are actually quite functional.
The kids like to tuck in him in the drawer. You know, make sure that he is good and comfortable. They named him Fred.
That night I also needed some help from hubby to get all the kids to all the places they needed to be. Kari surprised us all by decided to try out for track. She had tryouts all week. Surprisingly to us (because we didn't even think she liked to run) she made it! The 3 youngers had gymnastics. Kari had a band recruiting concert. And Kaitlyn was being inducted into the Beta Club. It took delicate scheduling and I have no pictures.
Wednesday was track practice and church stuff. Thursday I noticed that Maggie, our Japanese Maple was blossoming!
Friday, hubby was able to attend Kelsey's student led conference.
That evening we went over to the church to set up the Pinewood Derby track. Because hubby's talented hands made it, we usually are asked to put it up. It is certainly not a requirement for him, but it is nice to know that it is well taken care of. It is also a family affair, as we all have to line up along the 30 foot long track and turn it over at the same time.
This time, we were smart enough to bring some of our past derby cars. You have to give it a try of course... Just to make sure it works!
Or maybe 2...
... or three...
Who am I kidding?!? We have to try it out multiple times, and run beside it, just to make sure it works.
This year, hubby had the time and inclination to try to make his own super fancy, barely within regulation, car. He even spray painted it in its own fancy booth.
The Derby itself was on Saturday. Everyone attended and had lots of fun. This is the collection of all the derby cars we have made so far.
Sunday, after church, and naps and homework, Amanda came over to visit for a bit.











0 cool people read this:
Post a Comment