Friday, June 12, 2020

Maine, Day 5 (Moose Safari)

After watching whales and eating at Dysart's we drove to the far north part of Maine for our Moose Safari.  As part of the package, we got a discount on a quaint little lodge room.
 The following morning we had to be on the bus at the crack of dawn.  That way we could travel to where the moose would probably be at first light.  And that is how I saw my second sunrise in Maine :p
 We piled into a 12 passenger van, but it was really only us and one other couple.  The guide took us to one place to get out and walk around, but we had no luck.  So we headed to the second place.  The second area was a bit different.  We were able to quietly walk up on a pair of moose eating.  

Well hello there!
 They looked right at us for a while, but, so long as we didn't get too close or make too much noise, they weren't that bothered by us.
 They might have been sisters, or mom and an older calf.
 You don't really get the scale from the pictures, but these things were huge!
 Yes, I am talking about you....
 Further up, but in the same general area, we found another one!  I also want you to know that I scaled down all the pictures I took from a gazillion to.... a few.  They were similar, and there was no reason to show the same thing over and over again.  You're welcome.
 This was another area we stopped at.  With the lake, it was quite an enchanting view.  Hubby was really drawn to it.
 We also had our second bald eagle sighting.
 The last place that we stopped at had a mountain in the back ground, a lake in the foreground, and a male moose in between.
 And two otters playing around :)
 Again, we went for the scenery and were pleased with what we saw!  We saw moose, otters, bald eagles and whales!  What more could a girl ask for?
 And, because it was so early in the morning...  I also got a few decent shots of some plants with frost on them.
 Seriously!  So cool!
 Thankfully, I really wasn't all that cold, but....  It might have been better for us if I had brought my big heavy coat.  I just wasn't thinking about it in October.
 In fact, for this one I remember moving another leaf out of the way thinking "Great....  now I am posing plantlife."
But lets be honest.  It was totally worth it.

0 cool people read this: