Friday, June 12, 2020

Maine, Day 2 (Tour of Trees)

From the glass blowing and covered bridge, we took off for our Tour of Trees.  We followed one of the tourist suggested routes to drive through scenic highways and quaint towns to see all the vivid colors. 
 Seriously!  We have nothing like this in the south!
 Occasionally, if something was particularly eye catching, I would make hubby stop so I could get a picture.
 I don't know how I would feel if I actually lived in one of these places, and people stopped to take pictures of my house.
 We stopped for gas and lunch in a deli and asked if there was anything in particular we should be sure to see or do.  During our googling, we had already planned to stop at a Morgan Horse Farm and Danforth Pewter.
 Unfortunately, the horse farm was closed for a private event, so we didn't get to see anything.
 But we did go into the pewter factory, where we watched a video of the history of the place, were able to see them cast some pewter live, and then picked out an ornament to bring home.  Hubby had to conduct some business on the phone for a while, but....  I didn't mind observing in the shop.
 I was quite pleased with the views and pictures I got.
 The trip had to be situated around many things, so there were only so many times we could go.
 But it appeared that we picked a good time!
 Many times we were struck with the beauty.  And then we would remember that it was October, and that it would get much colder with more snow....  And then we thought we would be less thrilled :p
 But the colors were so vivid!  So different than just the evergreen or brown we were used to.
 Like, what is that plant?!?!  No idea!  But it is cool looking!
One of the things the girl at the Deli suggested we try was an apple cider donut.  So, on our way to our New Hampsire hotel (where we would have had our hot air balloon ride) we found an apple orchard that sold donuts!  We walked the orchard, and ate donuts.  And they were pretty dang good!
That night, we had dinner at a pub.  The food was ok, but we didn't really enjoy the live music.  She wasn't a bad singer, it was just pretty dang loud, so you couldn't really hold a conversation.

0 cool people read this: