Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Kelsey's Head

On Friday I got a call from the nurse at Kelsey's school.  They said that Kelsey had cut her head and that I needed to come get her.  Great.  When I picked her up, Dr Hardy (Kelsey's teacher) was so sweet.  She kept asking Kelsey if she was ok, and Kelsey kept saying "It's not my blood!"  Dr. Hardy thought Kelsey was afraid she would get in trouble.  
 Thankfully, it didn't appear to cause her great pain.  Kelsey said that she reached under the table to get something someone dropped and hit her head on the screw that held the legs onto the table.  
 It doesn't look that bad, or deep, but we took her to the doc anyway because it was a head wound and it bled pretty spectacularly.  She ended up getting it superglued together...  Just in case.  But, the doc didn't shave/cut the hair around the wound, so, as it grew out later, I ended up having to cut it then, otherwise there would just be a big glob of glue floating around loosely in her hair.
 Again, both the nurse and Dr. hardy said that it bled pretty spectacularly.  Having not personally experienced a head wound before, I didn't really know what that means.  But, if you look at the braids that the nurse was nice enough to do, after doing her best to clean out her hair, you can still see blood in the hair!
 We went straight to the doc from the school.  So I didn't open the bag with her shirt in it until we got home.  The nurse was nice enough to provide Kelsey with another shirt to wear home.  I guess this is what she meant when she said spectacularly.
Maybe I am glad that I don't know what that means!...  Yikes!  That is a lot of blood!

0 cool people read this: