Monday I paid bills and cleaned up after having family here. I notated that I wasn't in such a great mood. I can't say that I blame myself :)
Tuesday we drove up to Newnan. Hubby was flying out of the ATL airport on business again, and we tagged along (in a different car) because we were meeting with a breeder. Again, we knew we would want another dog. We thought it would help the kids to not be as sad about Mollie and we missed the companionship of a wagging tail every time we came home. Knowing that I like a dog that doesn't shed, we had some specific breeds in mind. And, everyone, other than me, wanted to try a larger breed of dog. Hubby was looking for a Brittney Shepard mixed with poodles (to help control the shedding thing) and happened to find a breeder with 2 slightly older (12 weeks old) Australian/Poodle mix puppies left: a male and a female. Hubby went to meet the puppies, originally intending to get the male puppy. He liked the male's coloring better. However, upon interacting with the puppies, the male was not interested in us at all, while the female was cute and playful. So, we ended up putting a deposit on "Maya" (at the time) and promising to pick her up later in the week. See, hubby had some pretty specific ideas of how he wanted to train this puppy, and even though the kids had voted on the size, it was fairly important for her to bond with hubby. So I didn't want to pick her up and take her home when hubby wouldn't be there for several days.
Saturday, June 6, 2020
2nd Week of July, 2018
The kids had fun playing with and looking at both puppies. Kari even seemed to get involved.
AT that point, hubby went on to the airport, and the kids and I headed towards home. We stopped at IHOP first, because we'd had to leave the house at 6:15 in the morning in order to meet the breeder before hubby's flight. Once we arrived home, we took a nap, swam with the Hills, and at pizza for dinner.
Wednesday was fairly average... I worked on our Shutterfly books, cleaned the building, and did food orders while the youth had activities.
Thursday was Kaitlyn's well check up. Her details are back in her birthday post. Needless to say, she is on the petite side. I grabbed this picture while we were waiting.... It is Dylan's curly legs... He literally wraps his legs around themselves.
We also stopped to get everyone's glasses adjusted, hoping that they would stay up on their face a little better. That evening, Jade, Matt and Juliana came over for a swim.
While hubby and the kids were sure that they wanted a bigger dog, I was sure I still wanted a smaller dog to cuddle and love. So... why not get two!?! I was able to find a breeder that lived in Tampa that had brand new Yorkie/Havaneese puppies. The introduction of the Havaneese at the pet shop and the following research had convinced me that the breed would be a good fit for our family. And I have always loved the Yorkie coloring. So, since hubby's job was down in Tampa, we arranged for hubby to go over and meet the puppies and help me pick one. They were very little at the time (only 7 weeks) but that was enough to see their personalities. I wanted a puppy that was playful but also cuddly. Hubby skype called me while he was there so I could see the puppies and played with them so we could try out their personalities. And I chose this little cutie!
After playing with puppies, hubby got on a plane to come back home and pick up his puppy! We were all anxiously awaiting news, and were totally happy when he finally was able to pick her up and sent this picture to tell us he was on his way home.
We met hubby at Petsmart that night to pick up a crate, food, bedding, collar, etc....
We played around with a name for several days, thinking we might go with Brittany, since that is what hubby was originally looking for, and she did look a lot like one.
The kids were very excited to have a new puppy to play with. (Seriously love this picture)
And they quickly tried to make her feel comfortable by cuddling with her and touching her constantly. I am not sure it worked.... but they tried :)
It is a bit of a surprise to me as I look back on it now... We went from the passing of a member of the family to adding (almost) 2 in 10 days!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







0 cool people read this:
Post a Comment