When you are in Utah at Christmas time, and it is snowing outside, you should take advantage of it. Especially if you have someone who loves to ski! So, waaaaaay back at the beginning of our trip we all went snowboarding. This time, it was open for choice. Everyone ended up going back to skis except Kaitlyn. She stuck with the snowboard. Kari and hubby convinced me to go up on a green run while the younger kids were back in lessons that afternoon.
It really is quite beautiful in the mountains with all the snow!
On our way home, we stopped by Temple square to admire the lights and see the visitors center.
We've had the opportunity to see the Christmas Lights at the DC temple, so it made sense to enjoy it here too!
While touring the block, we made sure to stop in the older Assembly Hall.
Check out those cool stairs!
Then we headed into the Tabernacle. I remember when Conference was held in this building.
And we were lucky enough to be able to listen to the sound demonstration. They drop a pin and tear a piece of paper, and you can hear it throughout the whole building!
Then we went into the visitors center!
And hubby is a sucker for models.
Especially ones that are cut aways and very accurate!
All of the information they have put out about the temple is pretty fascinating!
I got a few good outside shots of the temple as well.
This is a nice up shot!
And a nice shot of Moroni!
While they look rather surprised (thanks flash!), they were quite happy to be there!
All of the trees outside on the grounds were covered in thousands of lights! I let the kids pick their favorite color to take a picture in front of.
And, of course I had to get a shot of the reflection pool. This is where hubby proposed!
We got to do so many neat things while in Utah this time around!
I had walked Laura through the "recipe" for chili (its just open and dump in the crock pot), and it was really quite delicious that night.
I had walked Laura through the "recipe" for chili (its just open and dump in the crock pot), and it was really quite delicious that night.


0 cool people read this:
Post a Comment