Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Hummingbirds!

One of the things I have loved about this house is the hummingbirds!  I have always thought they were fascinating...  They are cute, and tiny....  who wouldn't love them?!?!  But here, we were able to put feeders right outside the windows where I can see them practically whenever I want!  And, at times, I get multiple birds.  They can be very territorial, and sometimes one will chase off all the rest of them.  But sometimes, the alpha isn't around for whatever reason, and several can feed at once.  PS- enjoy the serenade from Kelsey in the background.

Hubby actually thinks it is kind of gross.... seeing the swarm like that.  But, I think it is great!  They often come out right before or after a big rain storm.  I guess they know where to get food from, even if it is artificial and sub-par, so they don't have to go as far to explore.
Seriously.  Hummingbirds are my favorite!

0 cool people read this: