Tuesday, June 30, 2020

4th Week of March, 2019

This week was the kids spring break!  Remember, mine was the week before, but this week was the kids.  So...  hubby had a jobsite down in Florida close to Grandma and Grandpa, so I stayed home to go to school, and the kids went down to Florida to play!

Monday, I went back to school and the kids left to go down to FL around 9:30 in the morning.  That evening, I started my second spring break with some Cherry IBC and pizza.
That night was also a storm with some pretty crazy wind!
The door was blowing open, and check out the fur on Pixie's head!!!

Tuesday I met with the house warranty people to come over and fix part of the landing on the stairs.  Unfortunately, they did a pretty bad job of blending it in, which meant there would be more repairs in the future.
I had leftover pizza and more fancy soda for dinner that night while I watched the Greatest Showman again and worked on some homework.

The kids, however, down in Florida were able to go strawberry picking with Grandma!
Wednesday was my long day of school and labs, then straight to church for my regular activities, even if the kids still weren't there.

Thursday, I had lab and ran several errands.  But I also took a bath and had some spare time to read.  The bath water looks kinda gross, but I used a bath bomb, so...  its ok.

On Thursday, hubby took some time off to spend with the kids in Florida.  He took them to see his jobsites and then to the Clearwater Aquarium where Winter the dolphin is housed.
Friday I went to school and did some homework and studying.  The rest of the family got home around 5 pm.  Funny story for the day, while I was outside looking at something over by the fence, Sienna was standing with me.  But, a dog barked and attracted her attention, to which she turned around, intending to take off across the yard and defend my honor.  Instead, she fell right into the pool!  She swam right out, and ran over to the fence anyway.

Saturday we spent most of the day working on building a platform so we could install a zipline!
At some point, the kids got hot, and hubby and I decided to push Kari into the pool.  Turns out, she didn't mind, and most of the other kids wanted to jump in.  But its more fun with your clothes on.  I don't have a picture of Kaitlyn in, so she might not have joined the others.  And to be fair, it was pretty flipping cold in the pool.  You can see it in their posture or faces in some of the pictures :)
And, if you are gonna be in the pool, you have to do it right! 
After everyone dried off, and we ate some lunch, we finished the platform and installed the zipline.
We attached the zip line from the platform to the swingset across half the yard.
Unfortunately, our first try didn't exactly work out like we intended.  And somehow, Dylan was voted to try it out first.
So, we adjusted a few things, and tried again...  it got a little better.
Of course, each of the kids had to try it.
Kaitlyn

Kelsey, being the lightest, was able to get most of the way across.
Dylan tried again, and got most of the way across.
Kari, being the biggest, did not get across at all....
 And hubby wasn't willing to try it.  I guess I don't blame him :)
At that point in the day, we had to stop.  For one, we were kinda tired, and for two, we were going to the Hills to attend a baby shower.  Jade had planned it for Alice, and it was as "Frat Party" as Mormons can get.  Jello shots, beer pong, yard games and margaritas (all non-alcoholic).

It was a fun night, of course!

Sunday was ward council, and Kaitlyn gave her first talk in Sacrament!  She rocked it!
After church we tried to fix the zipline by reversing the direction, so they could start higher.  This is what we ended up with, and it worked out fairly well!  A few tweaks still to be done, but, it worked better!
Under the platform became a fun place for the dogs and the kids to hang out.
The kids had fun with Grandma and Grandpa, hubby was still able to get some work done, and, ironically, without anyone else to look after during the week, I had a more relaxing break that week, even though it wasn't my actual spring break!

0 cool people read this: