Tuesday, June 9, 2020

2nd Week of August, 2018

Monday I started by studying for the GA Constitution test.  It is a requirement for graduation, but it is really just a test.  I studied a little bit, but was told it wouldn't be that difficult/open book.  Hubby went down to FL...  again.  And the kids went swimming of course! 

Tuesday I paid bills (my favorite thing to do :p ) and we had some busy stuff after school.  It was the kids first evening at gymnastics.  This year, we signed up Kaitlyn and Kelsey.  And I was glad that we could find the same day for both girls.  That night we went also to Kari's Open House.  We met her teachers, who unfortunately didn't really know Kari well enough to say anything about her after only a week.  After that, we went to a Band Meeting.  As an 8th grader, she had the opportunity to participate in Marching Band.  They had some props they needed moved during specific parts of the show.  The 8th graders would be able to march on, participate in the show, travel with the band to games and contests and basically be a part of the band.  Kari thought it would be really fun, and I did too!  So...  we signed her up.  She wouldn't have to go to every single practice or game.  There were enough 8th graders that they would be able to rotate a bit.  Bit was a busy night to be a parent, especially when my other half was out of state.

Wednesday I went out to lunch with the ladies!  And I studied the constitution a bit more.  That night we had our first weekly dinner at with the Ashcrafts.  Chuck had deployed but Diana and the kids stayed here.  So, in order to keep in touch with the family and make sure they were taken care of, Jade arranged to have dinner together once a week.  It was a good idea!  But, I can say from the future that both Jade and Amanda eventually bailed most of the time citing being overwhelmed with all the kids.  For most of the year, the kids and I would eat dinner at the Ashcrafts, then I would take Lauren to church with us for Young Women (and bring her home).  That way, Diana wouldn't have to keep the kids up, or wake them up in order to pick up Lauren after activities.

On Thursday I took the actual GA Constitution Test.  And it ended up being pretty easy.  There were only, like 20 questions, and you mostly just had to look it up in a 100 page document.  So, it took time, but I wasn't really expected to remember anything.  Which was lovely!  While I was on campus, I also took care of the parking pass.  That afternoon, we signed Dylan up for football.  While neither hubby nor I thought it might be the best fit, Dylan had asked, and we were willing to give it a go.  We were a bit surprised to find out that we had to provide our own pads and helmet.

 Who else wouldn't want to try them on?
 In fact, its a good thing they tried them on now, because from this point forward they would be all hot and sweaty and gross.
Thursday night was also book club.  This was also arranged by Jade and Diana.  We would read one book a month, and then meet at Diana's house (after the kids went to bed) to discuss it.

On Friday Jade came over to hang out and swim.  I took this picture because I thought it looked funny....  like Jade wasn't wearing a top :)  Of course she was, it just didn't match her previous tan lines, and the strap blends in with her hair around her neck.
I was also supposed to go visit Kelsey for lunch, but I got the times wrong, so I missed it.  Because we are right on the border of the time zones, things get a bit confusing.  Most of the working force goes into Columbus on a daily basis, which is on Easter time zone.  However, other than our schools here, the rest of the state goes on Central time.  So, the mayor of the city has declared that we will go on Eastern time, however, the school still go on Central.  So you have to keep it straight when they send home announcements or activities to make sure you are on the right time.  Hubby came home that night, and Lauren slept over.  Clearly, the puppies were happy to have him back home.  Pixie loves to sit in hubby's lap.  He calls her his lap warmer.
 I can't think that is comfortable, but....  Sienna does it all the time!

Saturday, Kari went on a Kayak trip with the youth from the ward.  And Kaitlyn went to Activities Day camp at the stake center.  I ran some errands while hubby worked in the shop with the 2 youngest.  And we hung out with the Hills that night.

Sunday was church and naps.  And I had to get ready for school as well, since I would be starting the following day.  We also did a big thing!  Hubby and I bought our tickets for Maine!!!  I had a fall break, and I wanted to see the pretty fall colors.  So....  we used points for hotels, plane tickets, and whatever else we could.  So, it essentially would end up being a free trip!  And Nana and Pop had agreed to come down and watch the kids for us!

And the dogs clearly were getting along pretty well by this point.
Yes.  There are two dogs in that pile of fur.

0 cool people read this: