Sunday, June 7, 2020

1st Week of August, 2018 - Florida Grandparents!

Monday morning we loaded the car and got everyone ready to go.  Hubby was nice enough to postpone leaving long enough for Kari to go pick up her schedule for 8th grade!  We ended up leaving right before lunch time.  Sienna came, of course, and occasionally had a difficult time getting comfortable.  She wanted to be in hubby's lap the whole time.
 Or....  else where....
 We arrived Monday night at pretty much bed time.  But of course, you can't walk in and just go to bed, so we had to visit for a while.
Tuesday, hubby left to go to the job site, that thankfully was less than an hour away.  The kids and I stayed with grandma to do some crafting and help her clean up her craft room.  They got to experiment with floating raisins.
 And then make their own customized glitter bottles.
 They put water and glitter and a few other fun things in there, so that when they get frustrated, they can calm themselves by swirling the bottles and then watching the glitter settle (Hi Grandma!)
 One of the things I take advantage of when I went down there was the nearby JC Penny photo studio.  There used to be one close to us....  but it closed down :p  So, Wednesday, while daddy was back at work, we went and had several birthday photos taken.  And then there were a couple silly ones too.  Like this one, trying to get everyone to cooperate.
 Thursday daddy went to work again.  But never fear, grandma is there to keep the kiddies entertained.  This time, she froze hidden treasures deep inside the ice, for the kids to have to chip out.

Thursday we also went to the local Walmart and did some additional school shopping for Kari.  She didn't get her school supply list until she picked up her schedule, which was literally on our way down to Florida.

 I'll admit that I am glad that some of these crafts happen at her house instead of mine.  This one, in particular, was loud.

Friday, hubby would have had the day to "drive home".  So, we decided to postpone that until Sunday, but spend the day hanging out with the family.  Saturday morning, Hubby and Grandpa headed to go shooting while the kids and Grandma and I stayed home to get ready for the day.  Once we got home, we decided to do something fun and adventurous....  Can you guess what we decided to do?!?!
Seriously, I am somewhat amazed that Grandma and Grandpa agreed to do it with us.
But here they are, in all their flight suit glory!
I'll do a separate post on some of the other fun pics that we got.  So this is just to whet your appetite :)
 After going skydiving!!!....  we headed over to OutdoorWorld to check walk around and play for a bit.  I mean, who doesn't like to look at boats?!?
 Then we decided to go grab a bite to eat.  Cracker Barrel seemed like the perfect place!
 After filling our bellies, we decided to catch a movie!  Incredibles 2 was....  incredible :)
 And what better way to end the day than with ice cream?!?!  
 Phew!  The week started pretty loose, but we made sure to have a full day of fun before we would have to go home!

0 cool people read this: