Monday morning, hubby took back off for Florida. One of his jobs was having personnel issues at the time, and he ended up travelling a whole heck of a lot for a while there. It wasn't the worst thing in the world though. That meant we could hang out around the house, and not have to pretend to be productive. Clearly, Sienna was bushed!
Tuesday I worked on a craft that has been an off and on thing for ever. I made a birthday chart for my mom several years ago, and thought it was so cute I decided to make one for myself. For mom, I made everyone exactly the same. I didn't want it to be unfair for anyone. But, since this one was mine, I did a little bit of customizing. Problem was.... I ran into a creative problem when I couldn't figure out how to customize our people. I finally figured out a way to give hubby a goatee...
And decided the best I could do for myself was to give myself a camera. I still haven't finished it. In fact... I don't think i have worked on it since then.
Tuesday night we spent some time outside visiting with our neighbors, the Millers.
Wednesday it was time to go school shopping. Can I tell you how much supply, clothes, and now bra shopping is my favorite thing in the entire world?!?! Not. Regular church activities that night.
Thursday we cleaned up the house a bit. And hubby came home from Florida.
Friday was laundry day! What can I say?!?! We are crazy around here! And here is a cute puppy picture from that day. Because you can never have too many cute puppy pictures. Sorry it is blurry... you just can't ask a dog to sit perfectly still.
Saturday we worked a bit on the side of the house. Thankfully, the sod that we laid had taken hold really well. This is what it looked like before we were able to mow it for the first time.
And this is what we started with. We had more rubber mulch to lay on that side.
. That side of the house is pretty bare and boring, and we wanted to give it some interest. But that side of the house is pretty tall, so none of the prefab trellises would be big enough to take up all of that space. It's a good thing I have a husband who is handy with tools and is willing to build, so we built two that would take up most of that side. Then, we planned to plant honeysuckle to grow up.
This is all I have at at the moment... I wonder where my finished product picture is....
We swam several times that week (of course).
Sunday, after church and naps we packed in preparation to head to my parents for the week before school started! And we had the Hills over that night to visit and play. We also asked if we could bring Sienna over to introduce her to other days. We started with Cotton, being the most easy going. Sienna was a bit of a 'fraidy cat, but, thankfully, both she and Cotton survived.








0 cool people read this:
Post a Comment