As I mentioned before, Kelsey's injury was in a pretty weird, and inconvenient spot. Sewing it back together was no easy thing to do, and I am grateful for doctor, and their patience and training to help our bodies heal.
This is what Kelsey's toe looked like 1 week after the initial injury.
We were able to make an appointment with Dr. Carter 11 days after the injury to get the stitches removed.
Kelsey still screamed like he was trying to kill her. But, thankfully she held still. I am fairly certain that she was building it up in her head to the point of terror. But I did my best to keep her calm. If I remember correctly, I had to get right in her face, and remind her to breath and calm down so that he could remove the stitches.
I am in no way say that the initial injury didn't hurt. Or that the stitches themselves didn't hurt. And I know that she felt the stitches come out of the wound. I just think she had built it up in her head so much that it would hurt, that even a feather would have caused her to scream.
It still looked pretty lumpy after the stitches came out. But, thankfully, now it has pretty much smoothed over! And, if anyone is looking that closely between her toes, then they deserve to see whatever they get!





0 cool people read this:
Post a Comment