Wednesday, July 14, 2021

3rd Week of October, 2020

 On Monday, my nerd stripes were showing.  Because of the hybrid model that Muscogee County decided to employ, we had to teach children in the classroom, and children at home logged onto zoom at the same time.  Eventually, we figured out that it was easier to have 2 computers.  One computer would be screen sharing whatever presentation or worksheet you were working on.  The other would have the screen share minimized so you could see the students faces.  I also wanted to be able to walk around the room, to interact with the student actually sitting there, so I "invested" in this fancy presentation remote.  It advances the slides from far away and has a laser pointer on the end.  So I could walk around the classroom, interact with the students, and still move the slides forward!  Go me!

Tuesday was a Noyce meeting for me again.  Wednesday was probably a church activity.  Most of them were held via zoom at this point.

Thursday, hubby was out of town.  He may have been gone most of the week.  At this point, I don't know.  I had my Student Teaching Seminar class, and no one to watch the two littles.  Kaitlyn had a race that day, and Kari probably had air rifle.  She could get home, but it wouldn't be in time to help with the littles. Now, at ages 11 and 8, they probably wouldn't die if left alone.  But, they might kill each other.  I got approval from my teachers to bring them to class.  I told them to bring their chromebooks, so they could do their home work.  But, we couldn't attach to CSU's wifi, so I was prepared to just have them read their books.  Mr. Jones was really nice, and gave them some white boards and markers and they went to town and drew for the rest of class.



For Kaitlyn's race, this time they ran a full 2 miles, instead of a 3K.  The distances are slightly different.  Once again, she was the first Smiths Station girl, and she placed 15th!  We are so happy for her in her running career!
That weekend, we went back down to Pa's house. I don't really know what we did....  Hang out, I suppose :)



0 cool people read this: