Wednesday, July 14, 2021

3rd Week of November, 2020

 This week marks the second week Dylan was out of school.  I took him back to the doctor on Monday, because he was still coughing, and because I needed another school excuse to keep from getting into trouble.  They ran another COVID test, which still came back negative.  I believe that Dylan was out of school for 2 weeks before Thanksgiving break, and then the whole week of break too!  He ended up going back to the doctor a third time, and taking another COVID test. Which still came back negative.  The Doc diagnosed RSV, but...  didn't do the test because they are apparently only 50% effective.

Hubby went out of town for Wednesday and Thursday night.  We had church activities on Wednesday.  And I spoke with the attendance person at WSSES to make sure that Dylan could get his work, and that we wouldn't get in trouble for keeping him out.  She said she appreciated it, because even if it wasn't COVID, coughing still spreads germs.  Plus, I think she didn't want to worry about people freaking out every time Dylan coughed.

On Wednesday I also came home to find that I had left my bedroom door open.  Know how I know?  Pixie decided to make herself at home by bring several random socks and a cuddle toy to sleep on my bed with!

Friday was my last day of student teaching! :(  Despite all the chaos, and uncertainty brought on by the pandemic...  despite having the learn a new way of teaching on the fly (both online, and hybrid) and despite working at a school with some very disinterested kids, I learned a LOT.  I was surprised to have been treated like an equal by my fellow science teachers, and would miss them quite a bit!  And, one of the students arranged to have a little party for me.  She made a banner and brought in food.  She was a sweet girl, who had a difficult childhood, and I was touched that she cared enough about me to organize everything on her own.  Thanks Bianca!

Also, on Friday, hubby's new TV arrived.  He wanted to go bigger, and pass all the TV's down in the house.  The old one from the family room went upstairs into our bedroom, and the bedroom TV came down to the pool table room.  All we had to do was get it mounted and set it!  And my, was it huge!!!

It was so big, that the box could hold a child!

And maybe a dog...

At first we were a little bit disappointed.  We expected everything we watched to be super cool because it was a 4K TV!  Come to find out, however, that not everything is recorded in 4K.  So, watching hubby's old Saturday morning Westerns on the 4K TV didn't look any different.  We did make ourselves feel better by watching some 4K YouTube videos on it, and that made us feel better.  They looked pretty amazing.  So it really just depends on what format the show/movie is recorded in.

We also got the official news (post via the FB page) that Kaitlyn was on the Varsity Track and Field team for the spring season. In actuality, she didn't really have a rest, because they went from XC to Indoor Track to Outdoor Track.  But it was nice to see the official notice.

Friday is not where the week ends, but on Saturday we left to go on our Dude Ranch Vacation.  That is a separate post (perhaps several) because it was so fun!

To round it out, here is a funny from the week"

My name would be Lady Pixie Cashew of Wal-Mart :)

0 cool people read this: