Wednesday, July 14, 2021

1st Week of November, 2020

 The Ashcrafts were still in town for the beginning of this week.  Unfortunately, it wasn't as fun for, well, anyone really because the kids and I still had school.  So, while we were at school, Diana was homeschooling her kids (as she had done all year), just from our home!  And the  kids could play with each other when they got home.

Tuesday, the kids didn't have school because it was a teacher workday.  So they stayed home to play with the Ashcrafts.  MCSD, however, did not have the day off, so I still had to go in.  It was also VOTING day!  Mrs. Jones had first block planning, so we both planned to go vote first thing in the morning.  Hubby and I got to our polling place pretty early.  But, not early enough.  We had to park way in the back on the grass.  And the line was crazy!  We chatted quite a bit with the lady in front of us, until they called for 65+ older people to go vote and not have to wait in line.  At one point, I sent this video to my  mentor teacher Mrs. Jones.  It was becoming very clear that I would not be on time for second block.

Hubby and I were able to vote!  And then split up.  I went to school and he flew out of town.  Here is our cute voting selfie...  with masks :(

Waiting for the results was not fun!  It felt like quite a bit was riding on it.
And, as the results started to trickle in, I was a bit confused based on some of the infographics I saw.  It is what it is, and I have to have faith in the system, regardless of how it turned out.  I didn't love Trump...  to be honest, I thought he acted like a petulant child.  But I like to keep the money that I worked hard to earn for myself and my family.
Tuesday night was our last "family" dinner with the Ashcrafts.  They were leaving the following morning.   The big girls were being a bit of a pain while I tried to get a good picture of them. 
Which lead to this picture.  I'm not sure how happy I am that they obviously enjoy being a pain my my tookus.
The younger kids followed suit.
And a good time was had by all, even though I didn't get a good picture of it!

Wednesday was church activities.  Everyone was a bit down after the Ashcrafts left.  I always love when they come to visit.  But the letdown after they leave is freaking HARD!

Thursday was pretty busy!  The morning started early with another Science Dept meeting.  Then went straight to Student Teaching Seminar right after.
That day was also sectionals for the XC Varsity runners!  This included Kaitlyn!  She had only been able to train with the varsity girls for about 1 week (maybe 2...  I can't remember).  We had to remind her that it was her first 5K, and that, as a beginner, she shouldn't expect herself to be perfect.  But, I know that is easier said than done.  It is difficult to go from being in the top 10 to....  not.  That being said, however, I actually think she did really freaking good!  First 5K race ever, placing 20th at sectionals?!?!  Rock on!

That day, I also got the chocolate I had bought from Abel's school fundraiser.  They were delicious!

Friday night there was some cute cuddling going on.
And Sunday I felt like Kelsey was a bit clingy.  I took this picture during sacrament meeting.  Not the most reverent, I know.  But it illustrates just how closely Kelsey was sitting next to me.  These were chairs, not benches, and there should have been a gap between the chairs that Kelsey is bridging over.  *Sigh*.

0 cool people read this: