Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Hubby's Truck Gets a Lift

 On Saturday, we had some work to do. Hubby decided to get a lift for his truck.  To make it look meaner and more manly.  He also needed new tires.  So might as well make the tires bigger, which required a lift.  Joe had been helping him on Friday, but wasn't available for the rest of the weekend.  That meant he was stuck with us.

The kids are actually decent helpers, even if they are easily distracted.

And, because there was so much space between the older, smaller tires, and the truck, several of them took turns testing the space.


Jade came over that day as well to help me trim my bushes.  We did a pretty good job, if I do say so myself!  Check out the before and afters!


Hubby even got Jade to come under and help.  She did do it, but she is a much more willing supervisor.
As you can tell by this picture I took of the helper's hands.  Guess whose hands are the least dirty :)
Kari's hands were quite dirty from helping.  But we noticed something from looking at them.  It appears that she doesn't really have any fingerprints on her right hand.  That is the hand she was most severely burned on.  I guess it burnt the patterns off.  I hope she doesn't go become a bad guy now!
What we had hoped would be an easy job turned out to take about 3 days.  Even with helpers!  Matt came over on the Sunday to try to help finish the job.  Hubby needed his truck to get to work, and had an appointment to get new tires and alignment done the next day!
It was all hands on deck!  As always, I am amazed and Dylan's curly legs.
And, Kari's butt could still fit in the toddler lawn chair!
Some of the pieces had to be modified to fit.  You can turn down your volume for this noisy, sparky video too.
But we were able to get it done, and his truck looks pretty impressive now.  Also, I almost have to jump to get into it.  But that isn't the point!

0 cool people read this: