I have literally been working on this craft for years. I hit blocks occasionally, and then come back to try to finish it later. I am getting closer every time! I hope. That weekend, I had finally called it quits on most of the painting (for the people, and for the months). I sprayed them with a coat or two of poly. I need to drill into the top and bottom to twist in the connections. But, they are mostly done (at least the hard part). Now it is time to move onto the plaque where everything will hang from. I wanted the months to be somewhat recessed into the plaque, and hubby came to my rescue! He was able to use his new toy/drill press in order to make all my dreams come true!
Monday, July 12, 2021
Birthday People Craft Project Update
I am so glad I have him around to do all the measuring and drilling.... I am not patient enough to be as exact as he is. When the drilling was done, it looked like this:
And everything works out perfectly for the months that will be slightly recessed into the plaque.
From there, the next step was to stain the plaque. I tried out a few colors/combinations on the back first, before I decided what the final color would be.
Then I stained the whole thing and waited for it to dry.
And that is where I have stalled out. Again. As with previous birthday crafts, the lettering is the hardest part for me. Figuring out what to say, picking the fonts, lining everything up exactly right... It's exhausting! And, now, almost a year later, this is where it still stands. I think I finally have an idea to finish it. But we'll have to see if I can find the motivation to do it before the school year starts over again, and I run out of time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 cool people read this:
Post a Comment