This year, we were lucky to have the Ashcrafts and the Hills with us again! It has sort of been a tradition for the last few years, but it might have to change in the up coming ones.
I love that so many participated this year! I dressed up Pixie... She wasn't exactly pleased with it. And when she tried to come through her usual small opening between the loveseat and the side table, she suddenly found she didn't fit!
Kari wanted to be this ghoul-ish kind of thing that we got inspiration from one of Kaitlyn's SnapChat filters. We even ordered purple contacts for her! Unfortunately, they didn't come in time (stupid shipping from China!). And they weren't all that vivid anyway.
I really appreciate that hubby is so multi-talented. He can see something, and translate it onto any medium. Including his daughter.
And then comes the debacle of trying to get everyone together to get a picture.
Ashcrafts:
Lauren: Effie Trinket
Tayler: 80s Girl
Becca: Unicorn
Clay: Black Panther
Natalie: Princess Sofia
Mercy: a bull with a bronco rider
Hills:
Abel: a ghost
Funny Story: When Amanda asked Abel what he wanted to be for Halloween, he said he wanted to be a ghost. But they happened to be driving by some goats at the time, and Amanda thought he was just mentioning something that he happened to be seeing at the time. So, she said "Yeah, sure... Goats eat grass!" And Abel said, "Yeah. Scary ghosts eat grass. Wooo (ghost noise)". So, he was almost a scary goat ghost who eats grass!! I love toddler communication! Also, funny story, his costume kept sliding around, so that Abel tripped on his sheet, and couldn't see out of the eye holes. Well, Joe fixed that! He tied the sheet into a knot, and ripped the eye holes open further! Leave it to Dad to fix everything!
Smiths:
Kari: ghoul
Kaitlyn: Katniss Everdeen
Dylan: Transformer
Kelsey: Police Woman
Kaitlyn and Lauren planned their costumes together! Both picked a character from the Hunger Games. Katniss Everdeen and Effie Trinket
I love how in depth Lauren/Diana went. With the gold, and the butterflies everywhere, and the butterfly eyelashes! Seriously! Amazing!
This year, hubby and I dressed up too! It was his idea. We went kind of Victorian, kind of steam punk. And we matched, which is always the cutest part of any couples costume. I like all the details on hubby coat! And, I love that he got multiple uses out of his horse boots!
And, I mean, check out my eyeliner! It is, kind of amazing!
We convinced Diana to dress up too! She also bought a knight in shining armor for Chuck, so that when he returned from deployment, they could match! Also, eyelashes = Amazing!
We took all the dogs with us. Each of them was dressed for the occasion.
And Pixie let Mercy borrow her costume from the previous year.... She had outgrown it afterall.
We took all the dogs, except Ruger who was recovering from some leg injuries, and shouldn't walk that far. He stayed with Amanda, who volunteered to stay behind and hand out candy.
Then it was time to walk around the neighborhood, and supervise the children. I am so glad that my neighborhood (or at least parts of them) decided to participate in Trick or Treating. Because of COVID, I know there were several places that didn't.
After a lap around the neighborhood, everyone was about done. The kids gathered on the driveway to sort through candy, and do some trading and bargining.
And a few photobombs.
Once inside, the kids "went to bed" and the adults hung out for a bit.
Lastly, a few funnies for Halloween!























0 cool people read this:
Post a Comment