Sunday, July 11, 2021

2nd Week of August, 2020

 Monday, I have no idea what happened particularly.  I think this was the first day that we had students at school, though it was completely virtual.  Hubby flew down to Florida overnight.  And Kaitlyn had XC practice that day after (my) school.  I have the pictures on my phone to prove it.

Because hubby wasn't there for dinner, I made sure the kids ate, and then ate junk.  Because I am apparently not responsible like that.  It was actually a bit sad.  During the summer, I had done a pretty dang good job of exercising 5x a week.  I was loosing a bit of weight, and feeling more fit and energetic.  And, while I had every intention of continuing to work out once school started, I struggled to fit it into my schedule.  And I feel out of the habit.

Tuesday, hubby was still out of town, and Kaitlyn had practice early in the morning.  Blah!  I had my follow up eye exam to see how my eye was healing.  And I had company at school Mrs. Jones's husband is also a teacher.  They have young children, so when both teachers returned to work, they had to work on the child care situation.  With no students in the building, Mrs. Jones got permission to bring her children to school, so long as they were quiet and not too distracting in the background.  So, I had her son Mason with me to keep me company on some days.

That night hubby came home.  And we were both tired.  But we were still able to be romantic somehow :)

Wednesday, we picked up Chromebooks for Dylan and Kelsey.  So they could attend school virtually at home.  And Kaitlyn had XC practice again that afternoon.

Thursday Kaitlyn had early morning practice again, and we picked up Chromebooks for both Kari and Kaitlyn (though at different schools and at different times).  Hubby was in charge of doing most of the during the day, because his schedule was a bit more flexible than mine.  He also was able to take Kelsey to school so that she could be tested to see if she qualified for the gifted program.  Unfortunately, there was a miscommunication, and hubby had to go to two different schools, but in the end, Kelsey qualified for the Kindle (gifted) program at her school!  That evening, we spent some time comparing our long jumps (I don't have any idea how it got started).
And, I made the children model the new masks that I had bought.  One of the side effects of the pandemic was that mask making now became a thing!  Please note, that Kari is particularly impressed with the whole shebang.
Friday was school for me, and a meet the teacher (via zoom) for both Dylan and Kelsey.

Saturday, we spent some time in the shop (separate post) and playing catch outside (also separate post).

We also spent time setting up school.  I wanted to not have to clean off and reset up the kitchen every day from school stuff.  I also wanted there to be some separation of church and state, I mean, school and home.  So, I convinced hubby to take the old kitchen table into the front, formal living room, and set up school in there.  Each of the kids had plenty of space.

Kaitlyn and Kelsey shared the table.
Dylan had the card table in the corner. He faced out so that we could keep an eye on him.  He still needed to be monitored so that we could make sure he was focusing on school work.
And Kari took over my place at the chess table.
We took the old, grey phone, and set alarms to remind the kids when to log onto their zoom classes....  And that was about as prepared as we could be.
Sunday was church, and some more hanging around the house.  That evening, we had a family movie night, where we watched an older version of the Three Musketeers (with Chris O'Donnell).  The kids all liked it, and they now understand the reference of "dealing with something...  ugly!"

0 cool people read this: