Thursday, July 1, 2021

COVID Renovations: Travel Room Picture Wall

We decided to rearrange the travel room a bit, and make it more travel ONLY kind of thing.  So we took the keyboard out and put it in the den room with the kids and the TV.  So this wall was now free to display the some travel pictures! 

Along with the pictures that I had ordered to update the other frames, I had gone through our travel pictures to order some for that room.  And let me tell you, that is a serious undertaking!  There are a lot of pictures to go through, and then pick the final few from!  These were the pictures that I ended up with!  Kaitlyn helped me organize them suitably, with colors alternating, as well as subjects...  We can't have water right next to water!!


Hubby knows I am a visual person, so when he noticed a problem, he helped me figure out what to do.  The frames had said that they were 12x12.  With those dimensions in mind, he laid out this design for me to visualize.  16 pictures to display!  Lovely!
Unfortunately, the frames weren't ACTUALLY 12x12.  They were 12x12 to the inside of the frame.  Which meant the outside dimensions were larger!  Large enough that we could not fit them on the wall space we had!  It isn't as clear in the picture above, but that wall sticks out at an angle.  The blue tape is 1 inch from each of the sides of the available space.  So....  we had to scale back, and put only 12 pictures slightly more spread out.

In the end, I think it looks great!  I just will have to display more pictures elsewhere.  Which is totally fine.  We planned on still travelling, so it's not like I wasn't going to acquire more pictures in the future!  Here is the finished product!

0 cool people read this: