Tuesday, July 13, 2021

1st Week of October, 2020

A few things of note early in the week.  This student, who would physically come to class, but then would hide in her sweatshirt to play on her phone and not turn in any work.  Problem was, she was smart!  Like, if we could get her to participate in classroom discussions, she had all the right answers!  It is mind boggling.
On Tuesday, we got news that Stacy tested positive for COVID!  She is the first, and really only, close person I know who contracted the virus.  Thankfully, from the future, she passed through it just fine.  She was pretty miserable, and she still hasn't gotten her full sense of taste back.  But she was able to recover!
On Wednesday, we had a beautiful sunset on our way to church.
Thursday morning, I had to be at school early for a Science Department meeting.  Mrs. Jones was the head of the department, so it was nice to see how the school worked from the administration side occasionally.

Friday night was family movie night.
10 bonus points if you can figure out what movie we watched by looking at Dylan.  (Answer at the bottom of the post)
Apparently, nothing of note really happened during the week.

On Saturday, Kaitlyn had a XC meet at home.  We were able to go watch her and support her again.
Once again, Kaitlyn did really well!  She was the 1st Smiths Station Girl, and the 8th girl overall!
She helped her whole team win the Junior High meet!

And I didn't feel like fighting the battle that would be Kelsey's clothing.

After the XC meet, Kaitlyn broke out the Halloween decorations.  It has been nice for me that she has mostly taken on the role of decorating the house.  It is one less thing I have to do, and I still get the benefit of decorations.  The only problem is....  I don't always have control over where the plastic spiders go....
That night, we had a get together at the Hills house!  It is always fun to hang out with them!
 On Sunday, there may or may not have been some cuddling/wrastling.

And to round out the week, a few funny screenshots :)
I sent this one to Aunt Pickle!


And this.  This happened practically every day!  Being digital meant that everything was so much more set out and accessible.  But they STILL ASK!



**Movie: Back to the Future!**

0 cool people read this: