Tuesday, July 13, 2021

2nd Week of October, 2020

 Again, there isn't really anything on the calendar for this week until the weekend.  But a few random pictures.

I got some new pants for school.  And I thought they were pretty nice!

Kelsey brought home the proof for her school pictures...  They were very Kelsey, but not exactly what I was looking for.

On Tuesday, I took a picture of Kelsey's snaggle tooth!

Thankfully, she lost it 2 days later!

I got a cute picture of Kaitlyn trying on her new boots.

She wore them later that week when she went to the farm with hubby to see Sixteen.

Friday night was a girls night!  I love spending time with my friends!  And I am so lucky to have a friend who plans them, and a husband who thinks it is a good idea that I go!  It recharges my battery!  Even after he had just gotten back from spending a night out of town.
 Poor Pixie...  She was so hungry!  Literally starving.
Dylan and Kelsey were able to play together nicely (for once) and made some armor for themselves to play together with.

And Hubby got his new horse riding boots that made him look so professional!
Saturday was a JROTC funeral that Kari attended.  Unfortunately, a student in the program had taken his life, and the students were all getting together to show their support.

Also on Saturday was another XC meet for Kaitlyn.  The whole family didn't go, but she did a great job!  She said she feels like she cheated a bit though.  Usually, the majority of the Auburn girls are ahead of her.  This time, they got lost a bit, and went the wrong way.  So, she finished before them, but felt like they would have beaten her had they gone the correct way.
That evening, hubby got the wild hair to move the TV upstairs in our room, to the pool table room downstairs.  We hadn't used it, hardly ever, so...  might as well.  He had to hold it up for me to see, so we could mark the final placement.

From there, we had to modify the TV mount a bit to make everything fit on the wall correctly.  Hubby loves to use his tools.  And he loves to make everything work! (You may want to turn down the volume.  The noise is quite loud).
On Sunday, Kari gave a talk in sacrament!  She did amazingly well.  Especially because she doesn't write anything down.  I am not a public speaker, and when I am forced, I write down everything and practice several times.  I am impressed with her knowledge, testimony, and confidence!

Sunday afternoon, Kaitlyn and I accompanied hubby to the barn to watch him ride Sixteen.  I got a good video of them in a gallop.

Unfortunately, right after this video was taken, and somewhere behind the tree, Sixteen got spooked by something, and bucked sideways.  Hubby held onto the first buck or two, but was unable to hold on for the next one.  I had looked down from the view to stop my phone recording, so I missed Sixteen emerging from the tree alone.  Kaitlyn and I got up quickly, so we could check on hubby to make sure he was ok.  Before we could go a few steps, he stalked out from behind the tree in the direction Sixteen went.  He'd rolled out of the fall, and was on his way to go get that dang horse!  I saw the set of his shoulders and the direct pace of his walk and told Kaitlyn maybe we should just hang back.  Hubby was walking on his own, and he looked like he needed a second to himself. :p  The owner of the barn happened to be at the stables when Sixteen came back alone, and hurried in her 4 wheeler to make sure everything was ok.  Thankfully, hubby was able to get back up on the horse, and rode her for a little while longer before it was time to go home.  He didn't appear to hurt that much on Sunday, but on Monday, he was pretty sore.  Kind of like whiplash.  It doesn't show up until later.

And, one more funny for the post :)

0 cool people read this: