Thursday, February 11, 2010

Wiped out

We got sick this week. The girls both said their tummy's hurt on Monday. Not a good sign. They were both whiny and slow, and were not particularly hungry. So, I battened down the hatches, and prepared to stay inside for the next approximately 3.4 weeks while the illness worked its way through our family. At lunch time, I asked Kari if she wanted some toast, and she said no. I made Kaitlyn a bite to eat, and by the time I had gotten her situated, this is what I found:
Kari rarely takes naps anymore. Most of the time it is quite time. But, she had fallen asleep by herself on the couch in the time it took for me to put a piece of bologna and some goldfish on a plate. I carried her up to bed, and, miraculously, she stayed asleep. Strangely, even though they acted sick all day, we remained vomit free.

Until Tuesday.

4 cool people read this:

James and Kista said...

so sorry they are sick. hope you don't get it too...

Alyson said...

How's the couch smell? :( Hugs to you and your sick kids.

Laura said...

Poor thing... Are they better yet? Did you get it?

Mickellerox said...

Where's your Tuesday barfing post?!? ;)