Growing up, my mom used to make all kinds of concoctions in the kitchen. Some good. Some, well, not so good. Mom was always trying to find ways to "stretch" meals to accommodate our growing family/appetites and shrinking budget. If I remember correctly (and it is completely possible I don't) this was a family "go" (as opposed to a "no go"). Cheap, tasty, easy. Hard to beat. Egg noodles with poppy seeds and a bit of butter.
In my almost 8 years of marriage, I haven't tried the recipe before. To be honest, I am not sure why I tried it now. I think I dreamt about it. You know, one of those dreams between fitful periods of sleep due to sick children. So, needing a side dish for our venison patties the other night, I gave it a try.
Guess what? I will probably not do it again. Not because I didn't like it. Nope, it tasted just about the way I remembered it. And I really did enjoy them. Good news because it turned out I was eating them for the rest of the week. However, hubby and the girls were not impressed. I did have one other fan, however.
Oh Dylan....
"Yes Mother Dearest?"
What do you think of the noodles?
"They are ok."
Just ok?
"Yep. Ok."
"Well, maybe even alright. You know, pretty good."
However, as the poppy seeds digested, and made its way into his system,
I got bigger and bigger smiles...
That's not odd, right? Odd were the diapers in the morning.
And lets just leave it at that.No one drug tests an 11 month old right? I'm just sayin'.
7 cool people read this:
I still make those now and then. Kenna doesn't care for them and Dan thinks they're too bland. But I still like them for sure! Gosh he's got a cute face and gorgeous eyes!
you are so funny
LOL!
I still love those noodles! I love your little dialogue. And in this set of photos I totally see Kaitlyn. Seems like you blend your kids the right way so that they are a good mix of everyone :)
The trick is to add about 1/2 tsp. of salt into the butter. If not, they taste pretty yucky. Silly girls.... Give them a try again - the right way this time.....
Love those Dylan Faces!
(squeals appropriately yet belatedly at your "Twilight" reference)
:)
Post a Comment