The other day I was talking on the phone to my sister. Lets call her "Thompson". And Thompson has a daughter. Lets call her "McBaby." McBaby is 5 months older than Dylan, which puts her (at the time of the conversation) about 15 months. We were talking about McBaby's diet, because she is now completely weaned from nursing and baby food. And suddenly, out of no where, I get nervous. At this time, Dylan was 10.5 months old, and he had never had any table scraps. It was probably about time for me to start transitioning him to big boy food, and, for whatever reason, I got scared. Wait, you say. You have 2 older children who are no longer nursing or on baby food. Surely they survived "the transition". Yes. As a matter of fact they did. And they both did quite well. But, strangely enough I started to worry: What if I didn't do it gradually enough? What if he was resistant? What order am I supposed to introduce foods? What if he isn't getting enough? What if he is allergic? Ahhhh! How does all this work again?!?!?!? Being a mother can be the most stressful thing ever, even when you have already done something...
Turns out I was being silly for no reason. The first thing I tried was a banana. Simple enough, right? This was his initial reaction. "Eh" he said. "Eh?" I said. "Eh." he said.
His face says to me, "I've had better. Chewing your own food is highly over rated."
Poor kid couldn't pick up the slimy pieces, so I helped him.
This is a video of him scarfing mac & cheese. There are a few things I love, and I am going to point them out, in random order. A) His cute little chubby hands and inverted knuckles. 2) Whole said hand has to go into his mouth in order for the food to get in there.
And third, this is what his feet are doing the whole time :)
And this is what happens when big sister gets done first.
9 cool people read this:
So Cute! I Love it! You are a great mother! Remember that!
In the bottom video I could at times really see Kari, and at other times really see Kaitlyn in his face. I hadn't thought until that video that he looked much like either, now I can see resemblances to both.
That bottom video rocks!
I'm so, so glad you posted these videos! You can really see his fun little personality! He is SOOO dang cute! I can even see similarities between him and McKenna. I love his little dimples and excited movements!
Cute Videos. He seems so excited
OH my! The cute pictures of Dylan don't even come close to doing justice as to how cute Dylan is!!!! You are so lucky to have such fun and smiley children!
Oh yeah, I forgot (I was so distracted by Dylan's cuteness), thanks for this post, it has been a huge stress to me as well. It gave me a little peace.
I don't think my heart can handle how cute his giggle is. They grow up so fast! :)
Post a Comment