Friday, February 12, 2010

My walls

When we bought our first house in GA, oh, 6 years ago, the first thing we did was paint. Every room in the house was painted a different color, and no two were the same. Or white. White is boring. So, one of the things we were most excited about doing when we got here was paining. We wanted to do a technique on the walls, but (some of you remember) we didn't want it to be quite as loud as the technique we tried before. We also had envisioned this green/grey/beige color. We looked high and low, and found a color we liked, but we were afraid it was going to be too dark. We tried to paint before we moved in (since that would be easier) but with one thing and another, it never happened. I finally did the base coat and got the glaze on the day before we left for the Thanksgiving holiday. It is taking me until now, however, to post the pictures.

This is the base coat. I almost left it at this because it turned out just perfect.

This is with the glaze. It is called color washing, and I got the materials from Home Depot (including step by step instructions). Pay no attention to the open switches. Hubby was doing some pretty fancy electric-ing, adding over head lights, since the family room had none.

I also think I have found the right red color for the accent wall in the dining room. I will post pictures of that once I cut in, and some final pictures of the family room since it is pretty much done now.

2 cool people read this:

Laura said...

That looks cool. :) Yes, please. More pictures!

James and Kista said...

YAY! Color makes it more like home. Love the final touches. Can't wait to see the red.