Saturday, September 19, 2009

Vacation: Wednesday

So after we spent so much time in the Redwoods, we eventually headed to our hotel. We checked in, put little chill'ens to bed, and then, since my parents had a large room, we congregated there to hang out past 8 pm. Good times. We just talked. Again, it always amazes me how short of a time it takes us to get back into our sibling roles, even if kids, spouses, are present. In case I haven't mentioned it before, we had a fabulous trip, and I think it would have been fabulous even if we hadn't done anything. It was just good to be with everyone again.

At the zoo, we saw interesting things like:

This is a monkey of some kind. I don't remember the specifics.

Um, another monkey kind of monkey....

This one I remember. This is a tamarin. And he was very cute!

Barn Owl. He looks kinda bored with us, don't you think?

This is an Ibis. Check out his bill...

Rhea. And those holes kinda below his eyes are his ears. Weird, I know.

There was a petting zoo part, and this was in it. She looks right at home...
Wow, it looks like that horse didn't move at all... Oh wait, it didn't. It was plastic. :)
Also part of the petting zoo thing was a bit on spiders. Kari wasn't feeling it so much.
Kaitlyn, on the other hand, thought it was pretty cool.
Again, not feeling it so much....
But, dang if that isn't the cutest spider I ever done saw!
*Note: I love seeing grandma's feet sticking out and Kaitlyn's not touching the ground*
Getting ready to go into the petting zoo. They look a little nervous.
Good thing Daddy is there to protect them.

See girls, its okay...
That goat was funny. See how his front legs are on a wooden table thing. He kept going around the enclosure and putting his front legs up on all the tables.
Don't ask me... I'm not a goat.

I have no idea what Kari's face is, but I think it is pretty hi-larious!

Dylan and Uncle Jonamon outside the petting zoo. Pretty cute!

1 cool people read this:

Mickellerox said...

Why haven't people posted more comments on our vacay? It's like they don't even care!

1) Someday I WILL own a Tamarin

2) You're not a goat?!

3) Dylan and Jonamon are SUPER cute together