Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Vacation: Beginning

Wednesday we drove up to TN. We had to drop off Mollie at our good friends, because we wouldn't be able to take her on the plane with us. They are so wonderful, they watched Mollie for almost 3 weeks. I think she broke them down, and they may be thinking about getting a dog now ;) Thursday and Friday we hung out in TN and then Saturday we flew to CA!!! This is the first time our whole family has been together in 2 years: 2 parents + 1 sister + 5 of us + 3 sister, spouse, and niece + 1 brother = 14 people, a full house, and tons of fun. I forget how easy it is for us to get back in the groove. We tell jokes, talk over one another, get in each others way, help each other, visit, talk, etc. It was just super fun to be around each other again. Luckily, everyone (but my dad) was able to take the whole week off, and dad was able to join us lots of times, so... So, that was the start. Hold your horses, and part II (and perhaps some of the more exciting stories) will be continued tomorrow...

2 cool people read this:

Alyson said...

I'm so glad ya'll got to do that. I bet it was a wonderful week. :)

Mickellerox said...

It is MOSTLY exciting that the fall right back into things. We could do the "siblings-picking-on-each-other" part a bit less though ;)