Yes, all of these things were all still on the same day. All part of the Avenue of Giants. How did we fit in so much fun in one day you ask? We are just good like that. Now, onto a different part of the Redwood National Forest. We parked and went for a small hike. This is where we got some very interesting perspective shots. Again, please excuse the grainy-ness and light. With trees hundreds of feet in the air, light doesn't pass through very well. Also, I do not have a super expensive camera, so.... Enjoy!
We seemed to mainly focus on root systems this time. We wanted to show how big the trees were from the bottom end. This was the first one we came upon, and we thought it was a pretty big system of roots. Nope, not even close.
This one was bigger. Look, I am holding it up to keep it from falling ;)
Then, we came to this one. This one wins... right? I mean,
you can only see half of it, and it is still huge.
Close up of hubby. Ain't he good lookin' ?
And the winner is.... This one! Check out the size of the root system on this baby!
Of course, possessing of testosterone as he is, hubby had to find a way to climb it.
And climb it he did.
Hiya Pickle :)
Here are some interesting perspective shots. Hubby is not a small man, ya know?
One of my favs. I get this feeling of how peaceful and quiet it is (or was, until
we came into the picture) and how small we are and how big the trees are.
Me and the kids at the base of the Founders Tree.
Now imagine from the base of the Founders Tree we turned around and took a picture up the tree, towards the sky. This is what you would get:
I shall call this the Pickle Picture. We have Pickle and the Dyl Man. Need I say more?!?
1 cool people read this:
I'm pickle, and I approve this message...
Post a Comment