Friday, September 18, 2009

Shrine Drive Thru Tree

Along the Avenue of Giants, there are 3 places (that I found) that have a tree that you could drive through. Yes, a tree big enough that a car will fit through it. I keep trying to think of the movie where they showed one of these. It doesn't really matter, since that particular tree has since fallen down, but I wanna say it was the Gnome Mobile. Or something like that. Anyway, we chose the Shrine Drive Thru tree for a number of reasons. #1 it was the cheapest. #2, it was closest to the Avenue of the Giants. and #3 it also had a few other things included... A tree house, a crooked tree, as well as a drive on tree. Here are some more pictures.




Going down.

Coming back up. My little sister took this picture, so, yes, that is me on the other side taking a video/picture of the hubby driving thru the tree in a car that is actually quite large.

And, for your viewing pleasure, may I present (directed by yours truly), a short video I like to call: Driving Thru. Thank you.
Walking thru. Hey, why not?!?!

The Drive on tree. That is my little brother in my big sister's car.

And here is hubby, in our car.
Here are a few informational signs and pictures we took while we were there. Skip them if you are not interested in bettering your mind and learning something new. :)
Close up of the sign so you can actually read it.
Close up again.
And who doesn't love a random picture of a cute girl standing by a piece
of redwood tree? Am I right?!?!

1 cool people read this:

Alyson said...

You're right. The random pic of the cute girl was the highlight. :)