Sunday, September 20, 2009

Somoa Dunes Park

If you haven't seen a California Sunset, here one is.
Hubby took these pictures... Not bad if I do say so myself :)

Quite different from the beaches of Virginia. Less trash, dirt, and people, for one thing.
Flippin' cold for another. And, my, it was loud.

See, I told you it was loud. And cold....
Note the sweatshirts/sweaters and the hands over the ears :)



Thank goodness you have a translator...

Also, I would like to point out my BIL, Danny Boy, who thought we were gonna take a picture, and therefore was making funny faces in the background, waiting for the flash. I love the things in the background sometimes :)

I think this video is pretty artistic. And, I love how much fun Kari is having.

At the end of this day, we all went back to hotels. Exhausted. Covered in sand. Happy. Again, we put the kids to bed, and taking baby monitors with us, went to the 'rents room to start a game of Settlers. Some friends of ours got us started on this, and we got grandma hooked on it while she was out here to help with Dylan. I'll admit, I didn't think it was that much fun when I didn't understand the strategy. However, now I enjoy it, and think you should all give it a try. Really. Like, Now... Kidding ;) We all went to sleep somewhere around midnight again... One day I promise we will learn not to kill ourselves over vacation. Ok, prolly not. But one can dream, can't one?

0 cool people read this: