Saturday, September 19, 2009

Downtown Eureka

The zoo was on the edge of Eureka, so, after we finished with all the animals, we headed downtown. We ate at a little hole in the wall place. I probably wouldn't recommend it. It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't great either. Then, we walked around and looked at some of the old buildings and stuff.

Like this one. I like the color, and all the paint details.


Look. A whole street full of buildings with character!
I mean, look at all those paint details! Love it!
On our way to a pier thingy, we passed through this plaza that had lots of birds.
Guess what the girls wanted to do?
Poor Kaitlyn was in the stroller (don't worry, Grandma pushed her towards the birds).
I love these action shots :)
Here we are on the pier.
Kari and Kaitlyn found this cool cement thingy... I am not sure
what Kari is doing, but I love her imagination.
And then we went for a little photo shoot in the middle of this pier. We put all the girl cousins down, and tried to get a decent shot. Um, they are cute, but, not quite what we had in mind. So, we tried another pose.
Monkey see, Monkey do... :)

2 cool people read this:

Mary said...

i'm loving the vacation updates. i think my favorite line thus far is "don't ask me, i'm not a goat."

xoxo

Mickellerox said...

You got some GORGEOUS shots of downtown! Thanks for taking pics of our vacay and chronicling it all so that I don't have to :)