Hayley is my cousin. And, she isn't so much flat, as kinda bumpy, and last I remember, tall for her age. Anyway, her school is doing a pretty cool project to help them learn geography. They wrote to someone they knew in a different state (and I just happen to be the super cool cousin she chose to write to) and sent them a drawing of themselves. A flat person, a "Flat Hayley" if you will. Then, they ask that you take Flat Hayley to some cool places or do cool things in your state, so Flat Hayley can then be sent back with said pictures, and tell the class all about her cool travelling adventures. I was out of town (again. I know, right... what is wrong with her home that makes her so she is never there. Nothing.... Really, nothing....) and didn't receive Flat Hayley with as much time as I would have liked to have had. However, I think Flat Hayley and I got to do some pretty cool stuff. Just look:
We started out the day with some breakfast. We ate some wonderful Conecuh sausage (made in Conecuh county, down here in good ol' Alabamy). And, lest you not catch my previous praise, this stuff is dang good. Flat Hayley can tell you. For a flat person, she sure has a large appetite. She ate 3 peices. Also, notice that the sausage is being cooked in a cast iron skillet. Alabama is a large producer of cast iron. Betcha didn't know that, didja?!?! (And for all you non-Alabama residents, its pronounced Cuh-Neck-Ah). Then, we went outside to climb some trees. Alabama is also a producer of pine trees. My grandfather in law is a pine tree farmer. True, it may take more than 25 years to get a good harvest, but the trees are used for things like telephone poles, furniture, or pulp wood for paper. See, you are learning things every day.
Then, we drove a bit to go and visit our local university. Auburn and anyone out west will never have the chance to play each other at football most likely, but that is better for you people out west. Auburn would kill you! WAR EAGLE! But, Flat Hayley got a tour of the campus and decided she wants to come back and go to veterinary school when she gets older ;)
4 cool people read this:
Super cute! I love this project! You did teach me a thing or two also. Did you do any research yourself for this?
Tyler's cousin sent them Flat Lexie for a project the winter before we met. His parents were going to pick his brother up in Germany from his mission, so flat lexie got to go all around Europe. And she got to see the cool sites at the space and rocket center and I don't know what all else. So what I'm saying is, if flat hayley would like to see the space and rocket museum and the saturn 5 rocket and some pretty cool space shuttle main engines up here, she could come pay us a visit... :)
I think she chose a super cool cousin to send Flat Hayley to, look at all the stuff she did!
Did Bumpy Hayley get to see your blog? :)
Post a Comment