Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Kari 7th Grade Awards 2018

The week of May 14 was the 2nd to the last week of school for the kids.  Unfortunately for Dylan, he had a random fever and didn't feel well and stayed home from school on Monday and Thursday.  I took him to the doc on Wednesday where he was diagnosed with adenovirus.  Wednesday was also a field trip for Kaitlyn.  Though where....  I no longer remember.  On Tuesday I had my annual check up with the OB/GYN.  I know they are necessary, but they always make me feel gross afterwards.  Hubby was nice enough to take me out to lunch afterwards :)  On Wednesday, I was able to go to Kari's awards ceremony.
She got an award for being on all A Honor Roll.
Her science teacher, Mr. Nash, happened to be announcing names at that point (they rotated teachers) and he gave her a high five as she walked by :)
Atta girl!
She also got an award for the highest science standardized testing for the entire school!
And then....  then  they got up and said they were going to announce the students with the top 10 GPAs for the entire grade.  I know that Kari is smart.  And I knew she had good grades.  So I thought it was a possibility that she might be up there.  Based on look she gave me as she turned around her seat, she thought it might be a possibility too.  So...  we waited.  She wasn't #10, or #9, or #8.  Somewhere around #4, she turned around and shrugged her shoulders...  she didn't think she was that high.  I was disappointed for her, but neither of us was working towards that, so...  it wasn't that big of a deal.  

Imagine our surprise when they announced her name for number freaking 2!!!  She just about jumped out of her seat and ran up on stage!
She was so surprised and we were both very happy!
We had a little chat after we got home...  Kari was so excited to get back to class, she didn't come see me and say goodbye.  :(  I forgave her of course, and was super happy for her when she got home!  She got so many awards, she couldn't hold them all in her hands.  And check out those curls!
Here is her proof!!!  Number two!  Number two!
So proud of our girl!  We knew she was smart!
Now everyone else knows too!

0 cool people read this: