Friday, May 10, 2013

We interrupt this regularly schedule program/travelogue to bring you a public service announcement.
Ahem.  *Clears throat*

Today is my 11 year wedding anniversary!

I know it is a long time.  Especially at our age.  We have officially been married over 1/3 of our life times. 

I just commented a few nights ago how strange (in a good way) it is that we still go to sleep touching each other.  And I don't mean in a sexual way.  Just back to back, hand to arm, leg to leg...  You know.  I have watched (in movies mostly, so that means it MUST be true, but also occasionally in real life) that as couples fade away from loving each other, they also stop cuddling, touching, and sitting next to each other.  As most of you with children will know, sitting next to each other in the church pew or at the dinner table is pretty much impossible with children.  You sit on each side so as to try to control some of the craziness, or to be within easy smacking distance.  And while we occasionally have a small invader in our private space, the bed is usually the one place we can be as close as we want, with nothing in between...  except the dog. :p

Anyway, Happy Anniversary to my wonderful provider and cuddler!  Here's to many more nights spent touching :)

5 cool people read this:

Becca said...

Awww, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY you two crazy kids! :) Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Yay you two! :) Still so cute together!

Dan and Laura said...

Sorry I forgot to wish you a happy one! You two are great! And those are some great old school pics! ;)

Kelli @ WhimsiKel said...

Happy Anniversary!! Tyler and I have only been married half as long, but we still fall asleep cuddling, too. We have friends that got a king size bed so they don't have to touch, and it's just crazy to us!

K Thompson said...

What a BLESSING to have Justin in our family! Such a perfect husband and father. REALLY glad you two got married those 11 years ago... Love, Mom and Dad Thompson